The Devil's strut

nisaba

Someone just asked me privately if I knew of an on-line gallery where people had pictures of all the Devil cards in their collections. I pointed them to my Facebook album, where I have a lot of Chariotss, but it wasn't quite the same thing.

So is there a Devil Arcade for Himself to strut through?

minrice

I just had to open this thread for the title! It's such a good one I think!
Very interesting, thanks for posting that site Cat* and Nisaba!

Oooooo **shivers** all those Devils are giving me the creeps. I do not like looking at the Devils in the decks, call me paranoid but I do always feel as though they are looking into my soulllllll!!! Especially the Morgan Greer Devil, he always makes me nearly pee my pants everytime he pops up. I've had that deck for years and I'm STILL not ok with him, lol.

Vice Versa tarot, that is a cool concept and I didn't know there was a Tarot like that! Learn something new every day ;)

cardlady22

card comparisons

Thank you, Cat*! This site's feature is so cool! *added to favorites*

I got dragged behind all nisaba's Chariots for awhile, but I'm so glad I popped back on before heading out to dinner.

Le Fanu

Great link, Cat. Ive come across that page before, but it is always so wonderful to see them all together like that. You can really feel the drama of the cards, much more so than when the cards are in the context of their deck, if you know what I mean...

Im reminded that the Devil from the Tarot of the III Millennium (pierced nipple and all) is one of my favourites. And that the attempt to incorporate a pentagram into the Devil from the (Wang/Regardie) Tarot of the Golden Dawn just doesn´t work at all. Just looks silly!

Cat*

Le Fanu, I've rediscovered the site when I was trying to get inspired for my version of Judgment (for the A. Nonny Mouse deck we're currently creating up here). It's fascinating to see so many takes on (more or less) the same card concept - and the obvious deviations are just as interesting as the three or four main themes.

My favorite Devils from that site are the Old English (I always want to buy that deck when I see that Devil, then I remember the rest of it and how I don't actually need it right now) and the Holy Grail (I would totally shag that one :D - to cross-reference that thread about tasteful - or not - decks here).

As a special bonus to you people - and shameless promotion for the project - I've attached my A. Nonny Mouse Devil. (Yes, you'll be able to get that deck soon. At least digitally. Watch out for updates over here.)

Attachments

• devil_1.jpg
    devil_1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 80

Sinduction

I want to be the Mystic Dreamer Devil. How hot.

But that site is missing the hottest devil ever. From the Gilded.

moonlitkim

Sinduction said:
I want to be the Mystic Dreamer Devil. How hot.

But that site is missing the hottest devil ever. From the Gilded.

I second that motion! *swoons*

And who cares if you can't see his face? ;)

~MoonlitKim

Manda

moonlitkim said:
I second that motion! *swoons*

And who cares if you can't see his face? ;)

~MoonlitKim

There is a group of people who find that even better *wink*

nisaba

Teh various Viscontis have a diverse bunch of Devils and I have a favourite: but the Gold-stamped Visconti-Sforza has a devil who reminds me really, really strongly of a certain Australian Pagan I know. Looks just like him! Sometimes I wonder just how old he is (and where he's hidden his gilded wings).