The Dreaded Phone Psychic

yakn

Ok I did it. Yep, last month I became one of the "phone, psychics". I at first looked around to see if there were any existing threads about the telephone readers that maybe is already going on, but only found a few where the "telephone reader" was not in a real good light, or just bad experiences that readers have had doing this venue. But so far this network that I am with is pretty free spirited and also protective of not only the querent's privacy but my own too. The only draw back is of course the down time of just waiting on a call. I am out of work due to layoff's right now but even when I do get something else going on I will keep this reader job because I have found myself addicted to it. If I am not logged on waiting for that call that I can shuffle up and connect, I start looking at the clock and trying to hurrry back to it.

I still can say there is nothing like the rush of face to face but for me this is the next best thing.

Peeking from outside of the Closet lol
yakn

Chronata

Congrats! Hey, that gig is nothing to sneeze at!

I lasted about a month doing it...but that's because they made me buy a second phone line I couldn't afford.

There are some reputable companies that don't scam their customers...and then there are those that do.

but for the most part it's actually a great way to do tarot for the public.

Satori

I'm finally joining a reputable company and getting started with this myself. I just finished my bio...which is one of the hardest things I've ever had to write and I'm still not finished with it yet.

I won't say which company I'm with until I actually start and get my name up there and stuff, and then I will let you all know where I am. I will use my given name, but maybe not my given face!

I think that if you aren't scammy then your readings aren't scammy. The companies do what they do. We do what we do. Hopefully people get some good readings and we make money and everyone is happy.

I can't wait to get started with it...see how I do when I'm hurrying to get the words out. We have three ways to read for our clients. Our site has a live chat feature, an email feature and a live phone reading. Will post more as things develop.

Grizabella

There's no reason to feel as if you should be ashamed of what you're doing. If you're doing it as ethically and responsibly as you can, then that's what counts. If you're not being a party to a scam of the customer or anything like that, then do what you have to do. Congratulations on having a job. That's a prize in the economy today. :)

yakn

Thanks, actually this company is pretty cool. It is strictly for psychic readings using whatever tools that you use (tarot, runes, astrology etc.) and just do what you naturally do.

I have had only one perv so far and I just did what their guidelines said (which is basically what I would have done anyway so I am very comfortable with their guidelines) and told the client "Sir this is not a sex line this is a psychic line" click he hung up, then a quick report to the company so they could be on the look out for that stunt with others.

yakn

Grizabella said:
There's no reason to feel as if you should be ashamed of what you're doing. If you're doing it as ethically and responsibly as you can, then that's what counts. If you're not being a party to a scam of the customer or anything like that, then do what you have to do. Congratulations on having a job. That's a prize in the economy today. :)

yakn

Yes, they required a separate phone line for me also but it wasn't like I had to do it through them I just went to my phone company and got a basic line you know, no caller id (for client protection) nocall waiting. Which was fine by me because I only wish that I got as many calls on the business line as I do on my personal line lol. Bill collectors and telemarketers it rings off the hook.

yakn

Chronata said:
Congrats! Hey, that gig is nothing to sneeze at!

I lasted about a month doing it...but that's because they made me buy a second phone line I couldn't afford.

There are some reputable companies that don't scam their customers...and then there are those that do.

but for the most part it's actually a great way to do tarot for the public.

Grizabella

Put yourself on the no-call list and it keeps telemarketers from calling you. A few still get through, but if you have caller ID and they haven't blocked you from seeing their number, you copy down their number and turn them in.

Now, I don't think not being able to have caller ID on the psychic call line would suit me. I'd rather have "me" protection than client protection, I think. I might not be able to agree to that if it were me. I can see the company wanting to protect clients, I guess, but for myself, I'd rather be able to see who is calling in case I needed to know in an emergency.

yakn

Lol first thing I did was register the number with the do not call. But the phone company unfortunately did not unlist the number (like I had asked them) and I started getting all kinds of calls from people looking for my mother's ex-husband. Finally got that straight. So far the only drawbacks are needing something else to do for pay while I am waiting for calls. And getting the traffic flow of my house down with all the all of a sudden in and outs so that I am not confined to one room so that there won't be any noise from dog barking because of the front door opening and closing. Relatives have decided I must be rolling in the mulah. I wish lol.

Thanks,
yakn

Grizabella said:
Put yourself on the no-call list and it keeps telemarketers from calling you. A few still get through, but if you have caller ID and they haven't blocked you from seeing their number, you copy down their number and turn them in.

Now, I don't think not being able to have caller ID on the psychic call line would suit me. I'd rather have "me" protection than client protection, I think. I might not be able to agree to that if it were me. I can see the company wanting to protect clients, I guess, but for myself, I'd rather be able to see who is calling in case I needed to know in an emergency.

Disa

yakn and Satori - are you still doing phone readings? How's it going?

Disa

lilith

Yes, how do you'all like it so far? Is it long hours and little action at first, or are you busy right away? Are you night or day readers? Tell me more about this? I have been thinking of doing this for some time but have mostly stuck with email readings and face to face for my busy scedule.