The Faeries Oracle

MoonlitRose

Ok I'm new here and I just got the deck today and I love it!! I have read some lovely posts about how connected and close some of you are to your decks. I have read the "connecting" part of the book but I still don't understand. How did you connect with your faeries? Could someone please explain it to me? ( There is one card I am really draw to though, Taitin the Sylph #45)

Simone

Hi and welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum, MoonlitRose!

I gave my deck away some time ago, so i can't help with the specific deck and the card you pulled, but bonding with decks in general, i do by reading with them, using them!

Get used to the imagery and let it start talking to you. How about a daily draw?

There is this thread: daily faeries oracle where you could also post your daily draws if you wish to.

All in all - have FUN with them! I think that's the main ingredient here. Let them play and be playful yourself and they will charm they way into your heart ;)

Hope this helps!

Love
Simone

___

Oh, and as a new Member, you might want to introduce yourself in the New Members Forum, so that we can get to know you and welcome you properly ;)

MoonlitRose

O ok thanks!

greenbeans

Hi MoonlitRose, I love your name!

I wouldn't worry too much about what the book says- it is beautifully written and there is so much good stuff in there- but it is just one person's opinion after all. The Faeries Oracle is a particuarly personal deck- a lot of people here see the Faeries as real beings and have their own relationship with them. If this all seems a bit mad to start with (it did to me!) just take some time to get to know your faeries. Ask Taitin why she is appearing. Perhaps there is something she wants to tell you, or perhaps she just really likes you and wants to introduce you to the other Faeries! Taitin is a very special Fae and you are lucky to have her favour :) here is a thread about her:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6927

Anyway, I'd love to hear what she has to say to you!

MoonlitRose

Thanks, greenbeans

Yea I know and I want to get to know the faeries. I try to talk to them but Im not sure if they are speaking back to me. I want to try to communicate to them through meditation/vizlation (sp?) but Im not good at either of them. I read some of the posts others have put up and here , and some them just talk to their faeries. Am I doing something wrong maybe?

greenbeans

Don't worry, you aren't doing anything wrong! Everyone has their own way of connecting to the fae- visualisation, mediation, dancing, singing, talking out loud, making up stories, free association with the symbolism on the card, researching the myths and folklore, going out into nature....probably tons of others that I don't know about! as Jessica says, 'each of us must discover our own best path'.

It took me a while, and I'm still learning... I personally approach from a mixture of analytical and intuitive...Here are some questions to get started:

Look at Taitin (Isn't she beautiful?)- what stands out about her to you? Her colour? Her face? her posture? her light?

What might this light mean? Does she want to 'shed light' on the deck for you? Does she make you feel 'light hearted?' or 'light headed?'

What about the colours? There is a contrast between her electic pink shade and her dark surroundings. why do you think this might this be?

Look at her face. i often think the Fae have different expressions depending on how you are feeling. how does she look to you? thoughtful? happy? Hopeful? And her posture. is she dancing? Hiding? flying from something?

Now close your eyes. You are in a forest with sunlight dappling the floor. Twigs break underfoot as you walk. all else is quiet, calm, peaceful. Then you see her- what does she look like? What does she do or say? ask her a question if you have one.

Open your eyes- does she look how you remembered? what is different, what is the same? what have you learnt from her?

This is just my approach to try if you wish. i'm sure you'll find your own way before long!

MoonlitRose

Thank you so much!!!!

(Hopefully I will)

SunChariot

What helped me most was doing all the exercises in the book, sing with them and dance with them. I went at it with an open mind, as the book said we the faeries were real and the book was to teach you to contact real faeires....since I could not proove they didn't exist, I tried it all with an open heart. And that brought many rewards. Meditating on the cards is a great way too. The kind of meditation where you enter the card, hear the sounds, smell the smells, see things move...and talk to the faeries in it.

Babs

TemperanceAngel

MoonlitRose said:
( There is one card I am really draw to though, Taitin the Sylph #45)
Hi MoonlitRose and welcome. That was the first card I connected with, it was always jumping out at me ;)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=6927

The above link to thread is a great one about Taitin :D Enjoy your Fae!!

a_shikhs

Hi MoonlitRose,
Congrats on getting the faeries oracle. Its a beautiful deck and really speaks out to me. Its sometimes quite shocking how the faeries can read your mind.

Well, the first time I got this deck, I too found it a little difficult to read with. Its a little different from the other oracles. Have you tried the favourite and your least favourite card exercise? Thats a wonderful exercise and helps you get to know the faeries.
I kept doing readings with this deck and would carry it everywhere with me- for classes, to college, out with friends, everywhere. I would converse a lot with this deck as if its real (btw it is real). This deck came to me in a xmas parcel form a lovely AT member and it was truly magical and a dream come true for me. I had promised the fae to show them the whole of Mumbai and would even keep them near my pillow while sleeping. While bonding with the faeries, I started seeing little white flashes in my room, the lights in my room would suddenly go off, there were actually butterflies in my room out of nowhere since I love in a city, and my jewellery started missing. :D That's when I realised the faeries were having fun with me. I would make them trinklets and keep them in the garden, I would keep milk and honey or sometimes pastry for them at night in my room or in my balcony. I converse a lot with them in my mind. :D

You really need to bond with the faeries. Love your deck and treat it as your friend. Do loads of readings with it and as the book says, dance and sing with the faeries. Welcome them into your life and let the faery magic begin. Im sure you'll connect beautifully with the fae folk. Believe in them and let them handle the rest. :)

Wishing you loads of love and luck in your faery journey!!! :)

faery blessings,
Shikhs