The Fresh Prince Spread

Chara

So. I am officially insane.

\1\*4*
*2*3*

1) How my life got flipped-turned upside down. This card is laid sideways, and shows what brought you to this point.
2) Where I spent most of my days. This card shows what you've been doing in the past.
3) Trouble in my neighborhood. This card represents the problems that have come up for you, sources of change.
4) Looked at my kingdom. This one shows what you can do to fix things.

And I'm including the reading I did, because I'm not really happy with how I described the card positions, but I think this helps...

1. Nine of Pentacles: I've been really selfish in my actions lately, especially with how I've spent my money. I haven't really thought beyond what will make me happy and what will keep me satisfied.

2. Knight of Cups: I've been living in my own daydream world, where I imagine all these wonderful things, but I never actually get out there and go for it.

3. Page of Wands: Lately I've been after something more. I want to try new things and maybe even have some real fun in life, and not just dream about doing it.

4. Judgment: I need to take an honest look at what I'm doing with my life and not be afraid to leave behind what isn't helping me move forward.

You can also add a 5th card to this spread, which I would place by card 3, turning into the following:

\1\**4*
*2*3*5

5) I was finally there! Where you'll be if you follow the advice in card four (or, alternately, if you don't. You can change that.)

5. The Tower: It might not be easy to make these changes, but if I can do it, I'll be setting myself free from the prison I feel as though I've put myself in.

So yeah! Thoughts? Suggestions? The idea behind the layout is to show a winking face...I don't know what made me think I should make this spread...If someone sees my mind laying around anywhere, I'd like it back please!

BodhiSeed

OMG! This is hilarious - I used to watch this show with my daughter when she was younger. Looks like a really good spread Chara!

214red

love it!
am humming the words now:)

Intervention

Oh my! Who knew the theme song could be such an insightful tarot spread? I don't think you're insane at all: Quite the contrary, this is probably the most creatively insightful spread I've seen in a while.

And look! *picks up Chara's mind* It was right beside you! :D

starrystarrynight

Now that song is going to be in my brain for the rest of the day. Thanks a lot!

:D

(p.s. I like the spread...can't wait to try it out!)

SunChariot

I love that!!! How creative! It is funny, but it could be very useful at the same time LOL

We need to make up more song spreads, what a great idea!!!

Babs

Sinduction

I can't think of a better way to remember a spread than to have a song to go with it! :D Good job :thumbsup:

Chara

Ha, the song lyrics are INCREDIBLY helpful. I sing it in my head when I use this, and it's how I remember what goes where and what they mean.

Thanks for your replies. :D If anyone uses this, let me know how it goes for you. Meanwhile, I'm going to see if inspiration hits me for another one.

hshaffery

You win. At life...at everything? I seriously can't wait to try this one out for the sheer fun of it. :D

Aurelious

All I can see in my mind now is Will Smith swinging his head wildly waiting for someone to answer the door.

This will definately be a fun spread for those who recognize the show. I may even talk the song (I most definately shall not sing, I like my windows too much) as the spread is going on.

A nice smile on a dreary day you have given me, Chara. Thanks ^^