The Hungarian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards

Alta

I have those. They have been around a loong time. Learned to use them in the very early seventies when I was living up north, but they belonged to another woman. A member here acquired them for me and mailed them. I'll check my emails to see if I can find the membername.

MAR

Thank you Marion. This deck looks great, and I love a lot the card back design. I checked on Ebay now and found it, from a seller here in US at a good price. I did a bid, now hope I win it (crossing my finger) If not, I would be sad. :eek:(

I also checked on Amazon and House of Tarot and nothing. What a pitty!

MAR

Alta

Sorry MAR, I cannot find the name, must have been via PM rather than email.

Marion

MAR

Thanks a lot Marion anyway! :eek:)

Gavriela

Piatnik puts out the identical deck - you can get it from R Somerville. I think I saw a used copy at powells.com too - so check there to see if it's still around.

It's not expensive, and it's not hard to come by, but I don't believe any of the US card companies publish it.

faunabay

Marion said:
This may be reprint of another deck. I have that exact deck but it is called

ZIGEUNER WAHRSAGE-KARTEN

Piatnik No. 1901

Marion is it the exact same deck? Because the few (very few) cards I've seen of the one with the purple box - the artwork looks a bit different than the piatnik one????

Alta

faunabay said:
Marion is it the exact same deck? Because the few (very few) cards I've seen of the one with the purple box - the artwork looks a bit different than the piatnik one????
Okay, it looks the same to me. Yes, I could be wrong.

faunabay

Marion said:
Okay, it looks the same to me. Yes, I could be wrong.

I'm just curious because the Piatnik does nothing for me. But for some reason the other one looks interesting. LOL If they're the same thing though I may be losing my mind. :D