The Illuminated - Which is the most Tripped Out, Decadent, Over-The-Top Illuminated?

missy

photokat said:
Yeah - they are a bit different in some cards. I'll take pics for you.

Thanks SO much! :D

:heart:

tarotlyn

missy said:
I want it so blinged out you can hardly see the cards. :bugeyed:
:heart: Yes, Carol will "bling" it if you ask her to...LOL

I have a lot of Carol's BEAUTIFUL decks and I have to say that
if colors vary (which I haven't noticed at all), then it may have to do with
the fact that these are each "hand made" decks. Each has it's own beauty and
special touches. No two decks would probably be exactly the same.

re: lamination:
I have around 5 of Carol's decks and the lamination on EVERY deck is perfect.:thumbsup:

re: taking pictures of the glitter, etc.
You just CANNOT get a good picture of the great glitter effect...I have tried to
but the glitter just does not show up well. When you receive your deck you
will be in TOTAL AMAZEMENT as to how BEAUTIFUL her decks really are.:heart:

You can just sit and spend HOURS looking at each card in the light!:bugeyed:
...and sometimes I do...and just loose myself right into the scene's meaning!

I love all of mine, and I wouldn't trade or sell them...ever!!!

MoonGypsy is right..."sunglasses"...LOL :laugh:

You can always email Carol, as she is very helpful and caring.

Good Luck with your decisions...

P.S. I will buy or trade for ANY of Carol's decks...if any of you are willing! :D
:):heart:Lyn

Quester

I don't have any of them, (someday) but I'll bet they are ALL beautiful!! :)

photokat

Here goes:

tarotlyn is right I think, colors are basically the same in both sizes, and it depends how they are painted. I found 2 cards in the majors (didn't have time to go through both decks completely) that seem to have 2 different color renderings, otherwise both size decks are the same basic colors.

Both of my decks are double painted with glitter.

Left side is medium and large on the right.

Emperor : I am pretty sure that these are 2 different versions.
http://photokat.com/offline/tarot/emp.jpg

Justice: I think this one is also different.
http://photokat.com/offline/tarot/just.jpg

Initiate : http://photokat.com/offline/tarot/init.jpg

Strength : http://photokat.com/offline/tarot/stre.jpg

Hope this helps.

photokat

missy, IMO you can't go wrong with a deck from Carol, if you end up not liking it, you won't have a problem trading or selling it. Seems like there's a never ending demand for Illuminated, and each deck is one of a kind.

I ended up selling a few of my decks that I never use and therefore didn't feel bad about the purchase, these are decks that I frequently use, they were made for me personally and they are worth every penny.

If you should end up getting the Mega-Bling-Deck - please don't forget to let us know after (or show photos).

Have fun!

Chaka

Glitter

I hope it's ok for me to jump in for a quick minute on this. I was alerted to it by one of the participants..

With the glitter and the iridescents and the combination decks, no two decks ever turn out exactly the same. I use intuition and inspiration, and as I paint I am always discovering and exploring. I listen to what you want. there is an infinite realm of possibilities with the results.
I do send out samples, but given what I just explained, I hope you all will see that no way can I keep samples of all the possibilities. Samples are to give you an idea of what it is all about, what glitter and iridescent look like. Last December somebody did ask me for a bunch of samples of every possible variation, but I just could not deal with it. She very nicely even offered to pay for them. I said yes get back to me after the holidays but now I have gotten more orders and it is even worse in regards to having time for details like extra samples. I have some more new samples now, all with glitter, I make an extra sheet sometimes when i do a deck, but I do not have it so well organized to have every different thing, and don't plan to do that either.
I was a bit floored by the comment about the edges of the laminate being raggy. I would really like to see that card. I just looked at my pouch with samples and I did not see one that had raggy edges. Our lamination is done with a machine that has two rolls of the best quality laminating film available, it is done hot, and I always have Dirk run it at the slowest speed with glitter decks, to really cook them! (It's not really that hot, just kidding a bit) . I do my very best to create something really special and magical for you and I do all of the work myself. Nobody else does any of the painting or glittering, I am an artist, I am 65 years old, and have a lifetime of painting that I draw upon. I thank each person who orders for giving me a chance to create something that will bring a lot of happiness and be a special tool for all the good work you all are doing both to help others and to help yourselves to learn and grow. If you want to talk to me direct just email me, my email address is all over my web site.

Love Light and Glitter!

Carol

Hathor

I have a large irridescent illuminated and that thing is slamming, I can only imagine it with the extra glitter and double irridescent paints. Must be phenomenal. I highly recommend you get it, you won't be dissappointed and besides there was mention once that Carol might not be creating those beauties for much longer.

I love mine and as others have said, you can spend hours just lost in them. They feel great in the hands and the lamination is superb. Now you have me wanting another one with all the extra glamour and glitz !

Chaka

How Long

I am 65, but VERY good health, and will keep on making decks as long as I can, no plans to stop yet. However, I do have some other things I like to do too, my music for one (Om Carol, singing bowls ,voice and harps), and I am working toward creating a new deck of some sort with fractals, which are I have gotten totally addicted to, I am making them in between painting decks to relax.. go to my myspace to see those, myspace.com/soulguides. in the my pics folders, two at the end of fractals. TarotLyn knows about them, we see light beings in them.
anyway I have two wet paintbrushes in my hand as I type, got to get back to it, I want to finish a deck tonight.. a birthday special for somebody's mom..

OM C.

Celice

Hm that's strange that there are different versions of photokat's medium and large. My medium deck has cards that look more like photokat's large sized deck.

I'm waiting on Carol to make my large sized Illuminated with the iridescent paint. So excited! Sounds like she's pretty swamped right now though. I guess it just shows how much people love her decks.

canid

I've heard so much about these glitter decks that I now want one! But I'm curious, the glitter doesn't come off, does it? On your hands, the table, the querant? How are they sealed/laminated? I'm wondering if you could possibly do it yourself with a different deck.