The irrational glove-compartment deck

Dark Victory '39

I don't know if other people do this, but i have a deck that basically gets a lot more play, not because i like it so much, but because of its durability and size (chuckles) it has ended up in my glove compartment and is now out during red stop lights. Ok, it's the Tarot of trees, a fine deck, but i didn't just love it after i got it or even after a year of having it, but became addicted to its pleasant tacky-smooth laminated feel and tidy little size, and figured i wouldn't cry buckets if it gets ruined during a harsh winter or muddy spring. I find it easy to read at stop lights, its not a deep deck, its kind of grab and go. see what those trees are doing and...you get the picture. it now lives in my glove compartment and i see it probably hundreds of times more than i would if it was in the glass case w/ the rest of my booty.

How about you? A deck you've grown to use a lot, but not due to any deep affinity?

AJ

so THAT'S what you are doing at the stop light. I've often wondered, particularly on the way home from work :)

I don't carry any decks with me but I do have some favorites scanned into the computer so if I'm suddenly away, am not suddenly deckless.

Dark Victory '39

not a good habit i know

Real spiffy doing that i'm sure; would love to explain if i'm pulled over. Officer, i can tell you your fortune you know; ma'm i'm sure i can tell you yours, to the tune of 150$. (drum roll) actually, maybe my point in the whole thread is, there've been a couple times where i've been conned into going to a social event i hadn't planned on being at, where i was able to calmly and quietly pull over to the side of the road and ask for some advice: how should i deal w/ mr. x who always asks me rudely about blah blah blah... And i've actually found myself feeling v. grateful to the trees for being there. The stop light thing is just free floating anxiety, i'm sure.

Cocobird55

I keep my Universal Waite in my glove compartment. It's handy to have it there for unexpected readings.

nisaba

I have two treasured OOP decks in my handbag at all times not to use but to prevent them being destroyed if the house burns down when I'm not there. I figure if something dire happens to my bag to destroy them, I'll probably die at the same time, so that isn't too much of a problem <grin>.

Winterchild

I wanna know what decks they are nis !!

I always carry a deviant moon, or whatever I am reading with, studying at that time, but usually always have the DM. I used to carry a little blinged RWS clone but someone borrowed it never to be returned :( Never again!!

I wouldn;t dare do as Nisaba does, I lose my head way too often, and that's more firmly attached than any bag I carry...

And ya know the sunglasses thing... how many places have I returned to and asked 'Anyone seen my glasses?' when they are on my head all the time ;-/

Just as well Tarot decks aren;t keys, but then they sort of are aren't they?

nisaba

I wanna know what decks they are nis !!
<grin> The Granny Jones Australian deck and the Servants of the Light deck.

I wouldn;t dare do as Nisaba does, I lose my head way too often, and that's more firmly attached than any bag I carry...
I grip my bag to me with a vicelike grip of iron. It has stuff in it. Can you imagine -

greatdane

Deck I would most likely carry around would be the Pocket Universal Waite. While it isn't my favorite, I do like it, and it's got coloring that appeals to many, it has a lovely fitted case from Dark Nature Cases and the deck is inexpensive to replace if it got damaged somehow.

HuskyChariot

My Victorian Romantic Mini is always in whichever bag I am using (except evening bags). This means the poor box has seen a beating, but I don't see it crumbling anytime soon. It is the perfect size and temper for quick, everyday readings.
It's size was the reason it ended up accompanying me everywhere, and now it has become my little work pony :love:

Calcifer

I have a small camera bag that lives in my Jeep at all times - and it has a Wild Unknown and a Deck of the Bastard (both 2nd copies) in it - along with a large piece of chamois as a ground cover and small silk squares to use as reading cloths. There's Palo Santo wood sticks and some sandalwood incense, and a vial of my divination oil...

Michael