The latest printing of the Universal Waite

Grizabella

I have the pocket version and the hard case box is great except for one thing---the top falls off and your cards go all over the floor if you accidentally let it go upside down. Very frustrating. I use a rubber band to keep the top on, but that's kinda tacky. I do love the size, though, and got rid of my full size UW once I got the little one. Maybe someday I'll get a bag the right size for putting box and all into and that will keep the top on instead of the ugly rubber band.

Abrac

I was wondering about the box. I have the Golden with the same kind of lid. It's fairly snug, but if I picked it up by the lid, cards would definitely be flying.

I have another pocket-sized deck with the exact same dimensions as the Universal (2 1/4" x 3 1/2"). I found some snap cases that fit it perfectly so I may have to go this route. But I have some other decks with lids that are always falling off, so I have learned to be careful. :D

Queen of Pentacle

info on the "colored" version please

Hi 78th Fool and lion.wing

This rescanned version of the Univrsal RW seems so much interesting. I would love to get one, either regular ot pocket size.

As US game don't give any info about that, could someone who have the most colored version be kind enoug to give me the ISBN... so I could order this very version.

As I already have the lightest one, i would not wan get a second one.
Thanks for you time!

The 78th Fool

I don't know for certain whether or not the standard edition has the darker re-scanned images. To play safe, go for the pocket edition.

The ISBN number is as follows:

ISBN 1-57281-474-8

Chris. xx

Queen of Pentacle

Thanks Chriis,
It's in my amazon shopping cart!
If ever you get the ISBN for the large one, let me know please.

And thanks, I am longing to see this more vibrant version.
Marie-Helene

The 78th Fool

Let me know what you think of it when it arrives. I was really thrilled with my copy when I got it and it's become one of my favourites.

Chris. xx

Queen of Pentacle

78th fool

I will for sure.
For now it is in my cart, but I'll finish browsing (and checking out) this week end.

Thanks again

Pagan X

I have three Universal Waites:

*the pocket. Package and LWB printed in China. Deck printed, unknown. The best scana nd color of the three.

*Deck printed in Belgium. The faintest in terms of the scan and the printing.

*Deck printed in Italy. Looks like the same scan as the Belgium, but slighty richer color quality. Little more lamination than that of the Belgium as well.
...........................................................................................

I too, would buy a new one if the scan were improved.

mgrace

Thank you!

Thanks, so much, multiple folks, for the info. I finally will have this deck, and much needed mini. Yea, Aeclectic!

Abrac

The Pocket version I ordered showed up in the mail taoday, very fast too I might add. Thank you Jeannette. :)

Everything about it is perfect as far as I'm concerned. The images are very crisp and clear. Doing a side-by-side comparison with the 1990 version, all I can say is that it is truly a damn shame. Someone needs to tell whoever is in charge of quality control at US Games they need glasses. The images on the old version are blurry and out of focus. Much the same as on the Albano Waite.

Anyway, I am very happy with the Pocket version. To my mind, this the way this deck should look. Now, if US Games would do a standard edition like the Pocket one. ;)