The Little Negative Sign and the comma

firecatpickles

In my synastry charts there are 3 punctuation marks I don't get.

The first one is the comma, the second one is the negative sign.

'7°33s
-0°43s

Sometimes it is with both or none at all

'-1°51a
0°07a

Does this have anything to do with applying and/or departing aspects?

These can occur with either an a or an s: btw I understand that the s is arcseconds at 1/3,600 of a degree. Sometimes there is an a instead, which would mean arcminutes, 1/60 degrees.

Could someone tell me the significance of these, please?

Minderwiz

What program are you using?

There really isn't a standardised notation, and different programs will show things like applying and separating differently, and in synastry there are two (or more) people, so you might also have notation related to that.

firecatpickles

I am using astrodienst. It shows up in all the pdf information charts.

I've attached a natal chart and transits table for a midpoint between two people.

Attachments

• astro_24gw_08_midpoint_2012728.54809.27950.pdf
    64.2 KB · Views: 177

Minderwiz

Thanks for the copy of the report

The negative sign is easy - it simply shows that the applying or separating planet is behind in the zodiac - thus an aplying sextile from say, Moon in Cancer to Mars in Virgo would be shown with a minus sign because cancer is in less degrees of the zodiac than Virgo, but with an applying sextile from Moon in Cancer to Mars in Taurus, the minus sign would be missing because Cancer is ahead of Taurus in the zodiac.

The comma is more difficult. It only appears in the final aspect table between transiting planets and natal planets. As natal planets cannot apply to transiting planets it can't be a difference between whether it's natal or transiting planets that are doing the applying. It might be because there are natal aspects between the same two planets but I'm not going through all of them to check, and I suspect the answer is no to that one.

I'd like a go at creating a similar chart for myself, can you tell me which Horoscopic report you used so I can duplicate it for my own chart and then compare it to other software.

It's probably something obvious but with all those planets and points I can't spot any pattern.

firecatpickles

I will send you my login information it will be easier.

Thanks for your time!

Minderwiz

Please don't....and if you have please change them....

I need to know which selections you made to get there. So I can replicate for my own chart

firecatpickles

Oh whoops. It was the Synastry Chart.

firecatpickles

I've been looking at the progressions also, by advancing the birthday dates before and after. There doesn't appear to be any pattern or correlation between the comma and applying/departing aspects.

firecatpickles

See attachment.

The aspect in bold face is the one shown in the proper synastry chart of two individuals using astrodienst. The numbers to the left and right are their birthdays set delayed and advanced 2 days. I did this so I could tell the applying and departing aspects.

There seems to be no pattern here. I even highlighted the aspects that change with the comma over the 5 day period.

Attachments

• applying departing aspects.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 189

firecatpickles

[btw I know that second aspect means "don't walk--run!" lol]