The lost tarot of Nostradamus- thoughts?

Belinda2

I just ran across this deck on amazon and I thought that it might be a deck I would like to buy, I am a attracted to how it looks, nostradamas's brother was said to have drawn the cards. tell me what you think of them, thanks again.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/lost-nostradamus/

Le Fanu

I have it. I love it but haven't got round to giving it proper (as in "reading") attention.

I meant to post here but there wasn't a seperate thread about it (it was merged in with another one about new decks by The Matthews) and I was too lazy to start one!

Maybe I'll write a review sometime (when I have time; busy right now) but it's lovely. Good cardstock, nice and thick. Excellent book, simple, mysterious imagery, with layers of manuscripts (I love old manuscripts). No white borders but all the images are within gothic arches, different for all the suits and the majors. It is a deck with substance which I hope to give proper atention to soon. The story of it in the book is interesting, the way it was put together, the theory behind it. Courts may be too simple for many people as the designs really are quite minimal. But I like it.

rwcarter

There's lots more info on the deck here.

Belinda2

thank you for your opinions, it just seems that I might have to buy it.

Cerulean

Mysterious imagery?

I think the few scans I've seen were the courts, because for some reason it seemed cartoony line drawings...but I want to like it because the Matthews usually write and design very nice decks. I think I will hunt around and buy it soon. Thanks for your opinions...

Cerulean

Winterchild

Thick :)

I ordered mine a few weeks ago.... BD only just dispatched it...not sure why it took so long.
I am however very happy to hear it has thick card stock, and I do like simple imagery..sometimes the depth is more so than in more complex designs.

ZKEI

Cardstock

JMHO, for the cardstock, I don't call that thick.
It's a usual Connections' deck cardstock as that of Wildwood, Druidcraft, etc.

For the card back, though looks nice, they are uneven colour.
However, the artwork is brilliant and the book is informatively great.

:)

PS.
I did a 4-part review of this deck in my blog
(sorry not in English, but have many photos of the set).

Tarotwolf

I just received a backordered copy directly from Connections Publishing. I ordered from them because Amazon has copies printed by Tuttle (same company? different?). I read someplace online that the Connections cards were much nicer. Don't think so! I obviously don't have a Tuttle deck to compare it to, but the cardstock is very cheap on the deck I just received. Unlaminated and flimsy stock not even made for cards. On top of that, they were punched/cut from the printed sheets by a type of punch that leaves upturned pressure ridges on the card edges like you see on really cheap cards.

Winterchild

Wow.... Mine is Tuttle.... it is gorgeous cardstock........ not too shiny, feels nice to hold....! I am sorry yours aren't so good. I had no idea there were two editions. Is yours in a two piece sturdy box?

Parzival

Lost Tarot of Nostradamus

This is -to me- a really interesting, thought-provoking deck. The card stock is thick, with a matte finish (Tuttle). The images are before a background grand design of the macrocosm, with planetary orbits, making the images stand out (for the major arcana). I 'm not sure if the background is original or added, probably the latter. I like the cards' back design, with its general dark brown, with soft gold swirling bands, featuring phases of the moon. (Some cards are printed off center, which is a little irritating). The book is essential with this deck, providing explanations of the images and translations of some of Nostadamus' prophetic four-line poems, linked to the cards (actually, two out of four lines per card). Each major arcana card is linked to a Nostradamus prophecy, sometimes vaguely so, as to the prophecy and the link to the card image. Directions include using two cards or meditating with particular cards. This deck with book set is different and stimulating, though not the best printing job. It captures the imagination. This is a new world worth exploring. Still, it may not be Nostradamus' "lost Tarot"-- that seems myth making to me.