The Lovers as the answer to "will they be together?"

CloudRain899

Hi :)

Say there is a woman who falls in love with a man from overseas and the feeling wasn't mutual. She finds it difficult to let go and asks the cards "is there any chance I will get married to this man and have a baby with him?" The card that came out was "the Lovers".

They only communicated on Facebook, and she blocks him and changes her name so the only way he could ever find her is if he she unblocked him and he randomly decided to read an old message from her one day, and saw the info wasn't blanked out anymore. She is considering an international move to his city and country, so there is a chance they could bump into each other one day but it is unlikely- it's Barcelona! And he might not even be there anymore- he finishes university soon so he could leave and go to another city anyway.

So under the circumstances, I took the Lovers card to mean either (1) It is telling her to relax, because if it's meant to be then somehow despite everything, it will be. The angel in the card I see is bringing two soulmates together, the intervention of a higher force. or (2) No they won't be together, and the Lovers is someone else, my only problem with this interpretation tho is it implies a choice between two lovers, and in her case she doesn't really have a choice between this guy and a new man, because she doesn't have the option of having the first one so it's not really a choice?

Can you help me out with your interpretations? Has anyone had a similar situation?

Nikita_

Say there is a woman who falls in love with a man from overseas and the feeling wasn't mutual. She finds it difficult to let go and asks the cards "is there any chance I will get married to this man and have a baby with him?" The card that came out was "the Lovers".

They only communicated on Facebook, and she blocks him and changes her name so the only way he could ever find her is if he she unblocked him and he randomly decided to read an old message from her one day, and saw the info wasn't blanked out anymore. She is considering an international move to his city and country, so there is a chance they could bump into each other one day but it is unlikely- it's Barcelona! And he might not even be there anymore- he finishes university soon so he could leave and go to another city anyway.

So under the circumstances, I took the Lovers card to mean either (1) It is telling her to relax, because if it's meant to be then somehow despite everything, it will be. The angel in the card I see is bringing two soulmates together, the intervention of a higher force. or (2) No they won't be together, and the Lovers is someone else, my only problem with this interpretation tho is it implies a choice between two lovers, and in her case she doesn't really have a choice between this guy and a new man, because she doesn't have the option of having the first one so it's not really a choice?

Can you help me out with your interpretations? Has anyone had a similar situation?

If this situation wasn't as surreal and absurd as it is, I would tell you that the Lovers to me are the most obvious answer tarot can give to a love question....
But the story you tell is so out there, that it reminds me of a friend I had when I was 19 years old....she had fallen in love with a guy from another continent, a tourist she had met in a bar. She only knew his first name...she didn't know which town or city he was from...she was so crazy about him, that she even considered going to the embassy of his country, with his first name only as info, and looking for him through them....
She then went to a tarot reader, who was a very good one as far as I knew, asking if she would ever meet him again, and she told her that she would "accidentally bump into him in the Street ".....
Of course, she never saw him again. And of course, I never went to that tarot reader again....
It might just be that, when the question is too absurd, tarot plays pranks....
Or it might be that he's the one for you or your friend, and this is a fairy tale with a happy ending....
Good Luck.

CloudRain899

If this situation wasn't as surreal and absurd as it is, I would tell you that the Lovers to me are the most obvious answer tarot can give to a love question....
But the story you tell is so out there, that it reminds me of a friend I had when I was 19 years old....she had fallen in love with a guy from another continent, a tourist she had met in a bar. She only knew his first name...she didn't know which town or city he was from...she was so crazy about him, that she even considered going to the embassy of his country, with his first name only as info, and looking for him through them....
She then went to a tarot reader, who was a very good one as far as I knew, asking if she would ever meet him again, and she told her that she would "accidentally bump into him in the Street ".....
Of course, she never saw him again. And of course, I never went to that tarot reader again....
It might just be that, when the question is too absurd, tarot plays pranks....
Or it might be that he's the one for you or your friend, and this is a fairy tale with a happy ending....
Good Luck.

That's a REALLY sad story..your friend sounds like the woman in my situation, with the way she feels about him and the desperation and the craziness. The worst part is, this girl got her hopes up and fell for the guy because she got a tarot reading on him out of curiosity and the cards showed a longterm future..this was when they first met. so she built her hopes up even though reality showed her something completely different (him not making any effort). Maybe the Tarot plays tricks to punish such people for their stupidity in asking such questions in the first place?

did your friend ever get over the guy? Thanks for sharing your story

Nikita_

That's a REALLY sad story..your friend sounds like the woman in my situation, with the way she feels about him and the desperation and the craziness. The worst part is, this girl got her hopes up and fell for the guy because she got a tarot reading on him out of curiosity and the cards showed a longterm future..this was when they first met. so she built her hopes up even though reality showed her something completely different (him not making any effort). Maybe the Tarot plays tricks to punish such people for their stupidity in asking such questions in the first place?

did your friend ever get over the guy? Thanks for sharing your story

Of course she did ! We all laughed about her at the time, and maybe we were cruel, but when you look at it from the outside...I mean, I think those of us who believe in tarot cards have at least once in our lifetime got our hopes up because we were misled by the cards....but the trick is, never to lose touch with reality, always keep an eye on the real world....when reality contraddicts tarot, it, and not the cards, is usually right.....

CloudRain899

Of course she did ! We all laughed about her at the time, and maybe we were cruel, but when you look at it from the outside...I mean, I think those of us who believe in tarot cards have at least once in our lifetime got our hopes up because we were misled by the cards....but the trick is, never to lose touch with reality, always keep an eye on the real world....when reality contradicts tarot, it, and not the cards, is usually right.....

Lol tbh I would probably laugh at it too..in fact (this is actually happening to me lol, we all make mistakes!) I would laugh at my own self if this wasn't happening to me! I actually have a friend who is obsessed with the father of her child despite him cheating on her repeatedly and getting 9 other women pregnant. He sounds gross but apparently is charming and good-looking and every psychic she's ever visited has told her he's her soulmate and they are spiritually bonded..when one of them dies a piece of the other one will go with them..that's why she can't let him go..I couldn't stop laughing, until I realised that's probably what I sound like!!

I have learnt a valuable lesson from this whole situation. I am going to focus on paying attention to real signs and not get carried away by a fantasy. I think maybe this was actually a giant wake up call from the Universe as before this happened I was getting readings obsessively, and depending on the tarot too much.

32 years ago my dad was trying to choose between moving on with my mum or reuniting with his former fiance, a gypsy woman randomly turned up on his door and offered him a reading. She described his situation and told him not to go with the former. He took her advice and married my mother. I remembered it because it made me think- maybe it's best not to seek out the cards and insist on knowing everything. If the universe really wants you to know something, it'll send you a message by itself. And, if something is really meant to be, the Universe would bring it into fruition despite all odds, so no point holding onto it so obsessively..I guess with your friend it just wasn't meant to be, and most likely the same with this guy I posted about.

Just out of curiosity, did your friend find someone else in the end? Someone she liked just as much as the tourist? x

Nikita_

Lol tbh I would probably laugh at it too..in fact (this is actually happening to me lol, we all make mistakes!) I would laugh at my own self if this wasn't happening to me! I actually have a friend who is obsessed with the father of her child despite him cheating on her repeatedly and getting 9 other women pregnant. He sounds gross but apparently is charming and good-looking and every psychic she's ever visited has told her he's her soulmate and they are spiritually bonded..when one of them dies a piece of the other one will go with them..that's why she can't let him go..I couldn't stop laughing, until I realised that's probably what I sound like!!

I have learnt a valuable lesson from this whole situation. I am going to focus on paying attention to real signs and not get carried away by a fantasy. I think maybe this was actually a giant wake up call from the Universe as before this happened I was getting readings obsessively, and depending on the tarot too much.

32 years ago my dad was trying to choose between moving on with my mum or reuniting with his former fiance, a gypsy woman randomly turned up on his door and offered him a reading. She described his situation and told him not to go with the former. He took her advice and married my mother. I remembered it because it made me think- maybe it's best not to seek out the cards and insist on knowing everything. If the universe really wants you to know something, it'll send you a message by itself. And, if something is really meant to be, the Universe would bring it into fruition despite all odds, so no point holding onto it so obsessively..I guess with your friend it just wasn't meant to be, and most likely the same with this guy I posted about.

Just out of curiosity, did your friend find someone else in the end? Someone she liked just as much as the tourist? x

She found a very long series of boyfriends she liked much more than him...and I doubt very much that she even remembers him, now....
As for your friend with the cheating boyfriend, he might be spiritually her soulmate, if she can accept the fact that physically, he clearly will always have a huge number of bedmates...I've known men like that, and I believe that having one of those as a "soulmate", is no less than a curse...
As for tarot, don't forget that sometimes, the cards just throw back at you what you are thinking or wishing for....
Good Luck !

CloudRain899

Thank you! It really helps to hear that your friend found other guys she liked even more than the guy she was so obsessed with, because the way she sounds sounds like me at the moment- it gives me hope that sooner or later I can meet other guys who'll be just as good as, if not better than him

x

libertybelle

I actually have a friend who is obsessed with the father of her child despite him cheating on her repeatedly and getting 9 other women pregnant. He sounds gross but apparently is charming and good-looking and every psychic she's ever visited has told her he's her soulmate and they are spiritually bonded..when one of them dies a piece of the other one will go with them..that's why she can't let him go.

He very well could be a soul mate. I know some believe (like I do) that soul mates are people we have karmic issues with and they are here to teach us something, to advance us to learn and hopefully become better people. The problem is someone hears soul mate and they automatically think life long romantic partner no matter what when that's not the case at all! It's a situation they need to learn from. So this guy could have come into her life to specifically teach her that she should not settle for some man who is chronically unfaithful if that's not truly what she can accept. And how would she know what is/is not acceptable unless she met someone who exposed her to a certain situation so she could learn from it and figure out what she truly needs and wants? So maybe you can point out to your friend that soul mates don't necessarily mean together forever in a romantic sense but someone here to teach her an important lesson she can take forward to make her life the best and happiest it can be. She should be hoping to not find a soul mate so much as her true forever love where she is substantially more happy with than unhappy with. If that happens to be a soul mate, great, but if not, then that's ok too.

imarya

The Lovers is not a card that comes up often for me. I've read that depending upon the situation, The Lovers can indicate the need to or process of making a choice rather than "love".

Given no other cards were drawn and the background information you've given, as well as what I initially felt as I read "The Lovers" in your post, my interpretation is: your friend is in a situation where she is faced with making a choice.

imarya

LadyLoki

I just went through something related with the soulmate situation/The Lovers.

One day I woke up with this overwhelming passionate spirit that just wouldn't go away. After a couple of days I decided to see a psychic about it. She said that my soul mate was coming and she described him to me, only she described someone from my past who I had a very passionate relationship with and who had just contacted me after many years weeks prior. He also told me he was moving back here. I didn't think it made any kind of sense because yes the guy and I had a passionate relationship but there was never a commitment. He had many women in his life which he did not hide. Every now and again he would decide to try his version of a commitment with one of them and then he would cheat on them in a drop of a hat. He was a pure commitment phobe. So after my reading with her I decided to do my own reading and out pops the lovers card. In nearly every reading after that it comes out. The cards say we have a karmic connection and that he was coming back into my life soon. All of a sudden the cards changed. They showed he was not coming. I ended up talking to him again and he had changed his mind about moving back to where I am. Also, he has moved on and has gotten married twice since our relationship ended and I have been married for some time now. I think he and I will always have a connection and I do believe he is my soumate, but we will never be together. Not in this lifetime anyway.

So even though I still draw the lovers card for him today, we obviously will not be together, so no it doesn't always mean that. It's such a beautiful card that one could hope lol, but you never know how much of the card the tarot actually wants you to take in some readings. I hope this helped :)