The Michael Teachings

MeeWah

For those who may be interested: check out <www.michaelteachings.com>

Kiama

I'd never heard of that before! Thanks for the link Meewah! (I learn something new everyday!)

Kiama

truthsayer

meewah,
what do you think about the michael teachings? i am been to a channeling in person and feel very leary of it. while i was there the channel seemed inspiring. she claimed to channel st. germaine and then claimed to be channeling mary the mother of jesus. i got a tape of the session b/c i wanted to listen again but when i did, everything she said sounded like gibberish. the cohesion i knew hearing it in person was lost when i listened to the tape. i had a psychic reading once and it was the same experience. the session can be pretty powerful but later i questioned the validity of what happened.

i looked at the information about the personality profile on the site but it seems very much like the myers-briggs personality inventory or the enneagram. i guess i'm extra cautious when it comes to anyone make statements about my life or life in general. LOL it probably comes from a lifetime spent in questioning the Bible and fundamentalists who tried to push it on me. oh, well! i'll keep an open mind.

has anyone read any of the seth books channeled by jane roberts? i have the books but haven't gotten thru much of the material. one thing that confuses me is that channels seem to contradict each other on vital points. however, i can't think of one to give as an example right now.

MeeWah

Truthsayer: I read a book several years ago by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro on messages channelled by a group entity that referred to itself as "Michael". I knew the author as a sci-fi writer whose books number amongst my favorites, so it was her name that first drew me to the book. I was amazed to find the subject of the book to be of a spiritual intent & theme.
A friend sent me the link some time ago & there is so much material on this site that I have not seen all of it. What I have read of it is fascinating; definitely food for thought!
I thought I would share it since it relates to the subject of reincarnation.
I think the content of the Yarbro book is similar to the material channelled by the entity known as Seth in Jane Roberts' books.
There is another book of channelled information, "Urantia" that credits otherworldly authors. It is very heavy reading.

truthsayer

i trust your judgement, meewah, so i will spend more time perusing the michael site. you're not the only one who has directed me to this site so the universe may just be trying to tell me something! sometimes it's so hard to know what is legitimate these days. i learned to be a doubting thomas as self-protection.

purplelady

I think that I have read every single "Seth" book that there is! And some of them I have read many times. I used to be very into it! I had read all 4 Original "Michael" books, some of those more than once also.
"Seth" says that he Only channels through Jane Roberts, (The author of the books , now deceased)
The 4 original "Michael" books were by Chelsea Quinn Yarboro (also a sci-fi fantasy writer). Since then , apparently other people are claiming to channel Michael, and there are some books out now by other people. I bought one but haven't read that one yet. I'm not sure what I think about other people channeling Michael BUT I would suggest that if you are interested , you at least read the original books First.
Maybe these 2 have similarities , but there certainly are differences. Seth is more of a ..........personable story teller with a lot of interesting psychological type information. A lot on reincarnation , art , health . I don't know how to describe him exactly , but I must've found it very fascinating to have read the books so much!
I guess I found Michael fascinating too! Michael is a little more into organization , classification , numerology. He organizes souls, spirits, higher selves (or whatever you want to call it) into groups whose organization and classification is detailed and corosponds to numerology. A lot on the progression of the soul reincarnating into lives also. Also classifications on how you are looking in This life. I found some of it hard to figure, or hard to figure out what I am and where I stand according to all these classifications BUT believe it or not , there is a person who will actually channel this for you personally now!

purplelady

BTW , "Seth" first came through on a ouija board for Jane Roberts. But shortly thereafter she began going into a trance and speaking for Seth , which her husband then recorded in shorthand.
Michael , on the other hand , was Always channelled through a ouija board. He first showed up to a friend of Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's. After that , there became a group of about 10 people who gathered together , including Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, to use the oiuja board , channel Michael, and the CQY wrote the 4 books. Whoever claims to channel Michael now may be using other methods , such as going into trance and just speaking.