The Middle Pillar

Always Wondering

Oh, okay. So I wasn't practicing a classic Middle Pillar. It's starting to make sense now. I find the circulating helpful, so I will keep it. I do like the QC so I will add that and drop the prayer. Though I do have a goal of being non resistant to these things.
Aeon418 said:
Don't confuse the circulations with the Middle Pillar ritual itself.
I was. It figures I was trying to be tradational and was drawn to the expermental part. :laugh: But learning more about the Sephiroth should help me appreciate the ritual part.

I am comfortable enough with the divine names in the bare bones ritual to experiment like you suggested.

I forgot about Chapter Five in The Chicken Qabalah. That's pretty funny. I guess I have been a little superstitious myself. :|

Aeon418 said:
If you're struggling with a particular name, just post it and we will try to give a phonetic pronunciation.

Thanks. I may take you up on this.

AW

jema

For those new to the QC there are actually some nifty videos on youtube to help you get going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbaVwz8Mdhk

just thought i should add.
Also do a search for Regardie for some more nice ritual stuff.

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
Oh, okay. So I wasn't practicing a classic Middle Pillar.
Not quite. Regardie invented the Middle Pillar ritual. (Probably inspired by various Stella Matutina papers.) So it is a classic Middle Pillar. But Regardie changed the ritual quite a few times. So what you have been listening to is basically just one particular presentation of the rite. In other places he changed the Hebrew divine names for simple English words. There are versions with no circulations and versions with different circulations etc., etc. The fact that you don't like the Lords Prayer bit is no big deal either. In other places Regardie simply used the Q.C. in it's place. In fact in nearly all the published versions I have seen, it is the Q.C. that concludes the ritual.

Have you got Regardie's book, The Middle Pillar?
http://www.amazon.com/Middle-Pillar...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303841897&sr=1-1
Always Wondering said:
I forgot about Chapter Five in The Chicken Qabalah. That's pretty funny. I guess I have been a little superstitious myself.
Don't worry about your pronunciation. Just do the best you can. Nothing bad will happen. ;)

If it's any consolation the pronunciation that Regardie does of IHVH is regarded as a bit whacky by some people these days.

Always Wondering

Thanks for all the links everyone.

I never looked at the Middle Pillar Book. It has a lot of info. I will have to get it. I have been using the QC in place of the prayer and it makes sense to me for now. It will be fun to play the musical version in the book as well.

The New Hermetics version is cool. I will play with that too.

So far I haven't by struck by lightening or anything. :laugh:

AW

brightcrazystar

Regardie did not invent the Middle Pillar exercise, he marketed it and standardized it. BIG difference.

The ritual was first done, to a degree, in two places, the Qabalistic Cross is a modified version of the principle invocation (TIBI SUNT MALCHUT ET GEBURAH ET CHESED PER AEONAS) from the Conjuration of the Four by Eliphas Levi, and the Names vibrated in the column aligned to the spheres are from the Sixth and Seventh books of Moses. Most Initiates were given it before the Grade of Theoricus Adeptus Minor were given use of it.

In fact, many were given it even earlier, as it contains the names by which they were to align themselves to the four divisions of the Outer Order, and run a current directly to the presidence of the Secret Chiefs, if you will.

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I never looked at the Middle Pillar Book. It has a lot of info. I will have to get it.
I'm sure you will enjoy it and find it useful. :)

The current edition is actually two books in one. The first half is Regardie's original text, with new footnotes by the Cicero's. The notes are well worth reading because occasionally Regardie's explanations aren't as clear as they could be. And there are a couple of points where he silently deviates from established procedures. One example can be found in the version of the Qabalistic Cross he presents on p.47. For some unknown reason Regardie decided to switch the usual order by acknowledging Gedulah on the left shoulder before Geburah on the right.

The second half of the book is the Cicero's expansion and update of the original text.

Aeon418

brightcrazystar said:
Regardie did not invent the Middle Pillar exercise, he marketed it and standardized it. BIG difference.
If it already existed in the exact same form that he promoted, I would agree with you. But it didn't. There was a kind of proto-Middle Pillar rite at the Portal grade of the Stella Matutina, where the Tree of Life was built up in the aura. But that's not what Regardie published.
brightcrazystar said:
Most Initiates were given it before the Grade of Theoricus Adeptus Minor were given use of it.
Initiates of which order? It can't be the Stella Matutina for the reason given above. And it can't be the original order of the Golden Dawn, because the exercise of building the Tree in the aura is a later addition.

Always Wondering

Wow, I thought I was going to have to make the Middle Pillar interesting. :laugh: There is all kinds of nuiance and intrigue. I am learning about the Regardie/Crowley relationship also.

And yes, I was peeking at the old pdf so I didn't realize it was only half the book. Thanks for the tip. I'll order a hard copy.

AW