The Moon card question

Warpainter

Does the moon card in a reading suggest strongly for us to pay attention to the messages in our dreams?

tnx all

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, Warpainter!

Yes, that's one message the Moon could be giving. It depends on the question you ask and any positional meaning there may be. For example, if the question or position were "What does he like about me?" that wouldn't be the interpretation I'd choose. But if you were asking "What do I need to know about him?" your interpretation would be a good one.

HTH,
Rodney

JoyousGirl

That's one meaning. If that's what came to you then that's what you should do.
Moon can also mean phases/cycles and all the rest of the stuff you'll read in books, imagination, deception etc. Just as an aside, moonlight and candlelight are the most flattering lights to view someone in ;-) I look at a guy at work and for some reason I think he'd look nice in moonlight (sometimes he looks good in daylight, sometimes he freaks me out!!)

EmpressSha

Does the moon card in a reading suggest strongly for us to pay attention to the messages in our dreams?

tnx all

It can do yes... With the Moon the reason for this need to pay attention seems more important though. It can be that you are being deceived, or deceiving yourself. Perhaps things are not as bad as they seem? Or maybe they are worse? Perhaps you feel you can't trust your own judgement at the moment because you are in an emotional state, or just feeling a bit lost and out of touch with yourself.

Thoughtful

I would also add that the moon can represent a high intuitive phase, so whatever question you may ask when getting the moon suggests go with your own gut feelings.

Warpainter

thank you

can it also mean a serendipitous unfolding of events?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Warpainter, please take a look at the UTC Posting Guidelines (click) for the expectations around asking for help with interpretations of cards from readings.

Warpainter

Welcome to Aeclectic, Warpainter!

Yes, that's one message the Moon could be giving. It depends on the question you ask and any positional meaning there may be. For example, if the question or position were "What does he like about me?" that wouldn't be the interpretation I'd choose. But if you were asking "What do I need to know about him?" your interpretation would be a good one.

HTH,
Rodney

I actually didn't ask a question, but i pulled about 21 cards for insight, and this was the first time i ever had the moon show up. So was very curious as to what that was about. I do happen to have very vivid and prophetic dreams, so I was inclined to think it was refering to that.

Warpainter

It can do yes... With the Moon the reason for this need to pay attention seems more important though. It can be that you are being deceived, or deceiving yourself. Perhaps things are not as bad as they seem? Or maybe they are worse? Perhaps you feel you can't trust your own judgement at the moment because you are in an emotional state, or just feeling a bit lost and out of touch with yourself.

I am feeling highly emotional and intense anxiety, it can cloud my judgement sometimes, I am also involved with somebody who is a bit unstable and sends me mixed messages and feelings. But I do happen to have vivid dreams that are prophetic in nature so I am inclined to think the tarot want to tell me to listen to that, or not get too carried away with this person's mixed messages. thanx

Warpainter

I would also add that the moon can represent a high intuitive phase, so whatever question you may ask when getting the moon suggests go with your own gut feelings.

I also think my gut is where the answer lies in my dilemma thanks for the insight/