The Mythos Tarot - Emperor

mythos

I really am going to have to get a professional photographer to photograph these canvases. The colour and vibrancy of the image just doesn't match the canvas. Anyway - here it is!

I've posted comments my on it on 78 Weeks: IIII The Emperor http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=657854#post657854

Attachments

• The Mythos Emperor.jpg
    The Mythos Emperor.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 127

elviefae

Mythos-- Oh my my my! Your Emperor is gorgeous!!! This is so well conceived and painted gloriously! I love everything about it. You are doing a tremendous job.

Rosanne

Mythos- you have really captured a moment in time. There is a stillness just before movement and that piercing look in his eyes. That is so far from feeble!!! I see you have captured sacred geometry also and the Golden whatsit. I like the Sun God aspect very much. I would want this Emperor on my side as there is a powerful benevolence in the way you have painted him. Bravo!! ~Rosanne ps. I would love to paint with explosive grandeur, but I fiddle with little tight expressions -me the microcosm-you the macrocosim- aint Tarot grand!!

mythos

The Emperor and I fought for months to come to a benevolent resolution. Neither is the boss, because now we are one ... as my deck mentor, this was probably the most important one to paint for me .. . so thank you for your kind words.

I see all male figures as aspects of the sun god, and all female as aspects of the moon goddess, each with the other within them (anima/animus) and I am trying to communicate that in the deck. I like it that his benevolence comes through ... it helps to know that I am not the only one who sees it.

Nonetheless Rosanne, I still bow down before your creativity, your mind at work. I'm all Leo moon and Magician soul drama, flash and sparkle - and I know it. You are depth and true brilliance. I'm the superficial sleight-of-hand merchant. Mind you, it fool's people a lot (unintentional on my part) ... but not me, and that is really what is important - not to believe that I am better than I am - nor less than I am, for that matter.

Thanks
mythos:)

arachnophobia

mythos said:
The Emperor and I fought for months to come to a benevolent resolution. Neither is the boss, because now we are one ... as my deck mentor, this was probably the most important one to paint for me .. . so thank you for your kind words.

So glad you have successfully resolved the long birthpangs at last, mythos! ;-))

mythos said:
I see all male figures as aspects of the sun god, and all female as aspects of the moon goddess, each with the other within them (anima/animus) and I am trying to communicate that in the deck. I like it that his benevolence comes through ... it helps to know that I am not the only one who sees it.

Strange, given the sun also haloing your Empress...i.e. she whom the Emperor loves? Perhaps because of really having become one with both? ;-))

rainwolf

Yes very nice! The color is great

weaver

Extraordinary, Mythos! Thank you ever so much for sharing your sumptuous artwork here. I have already indicated this on another thread, but count me in when you actually produce your deck to sell. I am absolutely enthralled with your artwork and the rich symbolism contained in each of the cards you have posted thus far.

Thank you!

weaver

thinbuddha

Great looking card! Believe me, I wouldn't just say that.... It deserves a *way* better label. What I mean is that the artwork looks great, but the area where the title of the card is looks like an afterthought- the painting deserves better. Keep up the good work- I could see this becoming a very interesting deck.

-tb

mythos

thinbuddha said:
the area where the title of the card is looks like an afterthought- the painting deserves better.

-tb

It was an afterthought ... and yep ... I guess that I'll have to do something about that at some point. At the moment, my focus is entirely on painting the images. Probably would have been better leaving it without a title altogether at this stage, rather than adding a thrown together on computer title. Good point.

and thanks

mythos:)

light2000

Oh is very beautiful mythos!!

Congratulations :D . I love this card, you will make more cards? If you will do please show us.