The Ostara Tarot - Finally done!

kgibby

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum, but thought that I should make an appearance, since my work on the Ostara Tarot is finally coming to a close, and I now have some free time to explore the community and grow my relationship with Tarot.

I am the artist who created the suit of swords for the Ostara Tarot, along with several major arcana cards. If you are interested in learning about the deck (or preordering one of our limited first run copies), you can find out more at www.ostaratarot.com

With that out of the way, I would love to open up this thread to any questions people have about the deck. If you have a question for any of the other artists, I can relay it to them as well. This has been the most involved project of my short career so far, and it wasn't without its curve balls. If anyone has any broader questions about art or how to go about designing your own deck, I would be glad to offer any insight.

To those of you who have supported us from the get go, I cannot thank you enough. We'd be nowhere without you.

Ace of Stars

I'm from Vancouver too. I have been following your deck for a long time now. It is really beautiful!

VGimlet

Oh, beautiful! I hope there are still copies available at the beginning of next month. Definitely going to order.

MysticMoonlight

I've been following this lovely deck for awhile now and it's great to hear that it's done! The artwork is just gorgeous on the website and I bet it's even better in person.

Welcome to the forums :)

Elven

The deck has one of the nicest backsides I've seen :laugh:
I like to design card backs - I think they are very important to the spirit and nature of a deck, and the 3 that Mariya Olshevska proposed are all deck worthy. What a choice!
Love the deck too! - and the Clock ;)
Congratulations.

EarthAngel2911

Oooh! I've already preordered this beauty, and from the images I've seen online, the Swords suit is my favorite! I'm a little unusual, I think, in that I usually like the Swords, but in this deck it's my favorite of the different art styles as well. :)

kgibby

Thank you all for your kind comments! It warms our hearts :)

We have a limited pre-order going on right now, but we will be doing another run. It can be a pretty huge investment to print decks (especially if you're in Canada), so we started small. We'll definitely make an effort to make sure everyone who wants one gets one.

Thank you Elven, I will have to pass your "backside" comment on to Mariya. She has such an eye for detail and patterning that we really couldn't picture anyone else doing the backs. When she gave us THREE we were pretty stunned, since we would have used anything she gave us. The beauty of this is that we get to use all three in different ways. There's the cover, the backs, and the cover of the booklet.

rylla

I am fascinated by this deck. (Unfortunately I missed the first run).

Wondering how big the cards are. I couldn't find any info in this regard.

Thanks.

staticfuzz

I'm happy to say I ordered a deck. According to the website there were four left when I did it, so just under the wire! I know there will be more prints but it said this was going to be the last one with the full bleed. Really looking forward to getting it in my hands :)

Kissa

Darn, I missed that one. I would have broken my no-new-deck policy. Well, let's hope there will be another run, then. It is beautiful.