The Playing Card Oracles by Cortez/Freeman

HearthCricket

Yesterday I had a bit of a surprise. I thought I had ordered an extra book, but instead it was the whole set. Yay!

IheartTarot

HearthCricket said:
Yesterday I had a bit of a surprise. I thought I had ordered an extra book, but instead it was the whole set. Yay!

Cool! The book+deck kit costs less than the book ($19.77 vs $19.95). Weird. :confused:

Noelle

.... weird only because Amazon reduced the cost of the deck+book set down from almost $30 to $19.77, but didn't reduce the cost of the book.

---

I personally hope Ana finds another publisher for her deck. If it were to remain in the hands of US Games, I fear a possible China printing.

IheartTarot

Noelle said:
.... weird only because Amazon reduced the cost of the deck+book set down from almost $30 to $19.77, but didn't reduce the cost of the book.

The book seems to come from a different source, they cannot ship it to my location but they can ship the kit and deck to me.

lark

Warning!!

Please be careful when ordering second hand books or deck sets from "other sellers"
I ordered a book and got the whole set from an Amazon "other seller" and got the deck too.
I was thrilled, but on looking through the book noticed that between pages 173-210 the pages are all mixed up and not in the right order.
IF...this was a printing flaw and lots of books went out with this flaw many of them may be floating around out there in second hand buys from second sellers.
So check your books when you get them.
Just wanted to give a heads up about this...I hope mine is an isolated incident and that if this was an issue with printing one lot of books it was caught long ago by US Games and the book lot was taken off shelves.

IheartTarot

lark said:
Please be careful when ordering second hand books or deck sets from "other sellers"
I ordered a book and got the whole set from an Amazon "other seller" and got the deck too.
I was thrilled, but on looking through the book noticed that between pages 173-210 the pages are all mixed up and not in the right order.
IF...this was a printing flaw and lots of books went out with this flaw many of them may be floating around out there in second hand buys from second sellers.
So check your books when you get them.
Just wanted to give a heads up about this...I hope mine is an isolated incident and that if this was an issue with printing one lot of books it was caught long ago by US Games and the book lot was taken off shelves.

Thanks lark, my book is fine. Have you tried to get a replacement copy from US Games or Ana Cortez?

BTW the different source I referred to above is not in amazon marketplace, it is still sold by amazon direct but it appears they have more than one source for the product.

lark

IheartTarot said:
Thanks lark, my book is fine. Have you tried to get a replacement copy from US Games or Ana Cortez?
No I might keep it...I've been wanting to cut a book apart and make a notebook of some of the most used aspects of the system...and I'd never have the heart to do that to a perfect book...but with this one I'd have no problem...so maybe a blessing in disguise.

IheartTarot

Link to my shared spreadsheet

I have created an Excel calculator to perform the PCO geomancy calculations automatically. Anyone can access it here.

In order to protect the integrity of the formulae I had to show the Results in a separate sheet from the Input.

Use at your own risk and please let me know if you pick up any errors.

Any feedback will be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

silverwings94

I just checked my copy of the book and its all in order. Nothing mixed up in it. Thanks for posting this.
Namaste,
Kat

silverwings94

I just picked up at my metaphysical shop another copy of the deck. She said that it was the last one she had. Now I have my back up deck, and I am so happy.