The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

shiresun

The teachings of a Quest. Posted

shiresun

Somehow yesterday's post ^^^ did not get put into my blog. But moving on with today's reading, it is all about BE HERE NOW... and is really posted.

hopena

Merry Christmas shiresun, and anyone else out there. :heart:

:)

inanna_tarot

thinking of coming back to the PDR... with the whole idea of working with TdM.
A new year, new focus... rock on tarot land :D

Onyx

Well at the end of the year I had a chance to sit down and do a reading for myself at the Winter Solstice/Yule spread. It was a great spread and it was a good reading leading me to really consider what I am looking for in the New Year and where my hope and desires are running to these days.

I did a Majors only reading and I am convinced more and more that I am leaning to spend more time just doing Majors only readings. I love the results that I get and that they all seem to get to the point a bit more directly.

inanna_tarot said:
thinking of coming back to the PDR... with the whole idea of working with TdM.
A new year, new focus... rock on tarot land :D

inanna_tarot, I am also thinking about getting back to some foundational basics next year and I am pretty sure that I am going to divide the New Year into quarters and the first three months I am going to devote to TdM. I am going to reread Mystical Origins of the Tarot and look to research more of the historical basis and approaches to Tarot.

If that works then I am going to then spend three months devoted to the Rider-Waite-Smith deck. I am going to really spend some time and try to get a handle on the writings of Waite. I have avoided them a bit too much and just at a point where I need to give them some attention. I will also look at the Golden Dawn System.

Then the third quarter I am going to use at the Thoth and here I am going to look at the writings of Crowley a bit more closely. I need to reread the Book of Thoth and a few other things.

During the last quarter of the year I am unsure what I want to do. I am thinking of simply using a deck I really want to study but then there are other decks that illustrate systems that would be good to understand. I am thinking here specifically about Place’s Alchemical Tarot or I am considering studying the uses of Narrative Tarots like the Fairy Tale Tarot.

Much of my ideas are not actually mine. I got this idea from a post by Scion. It is in the Professional Forum so you will need to be an AT subscriber to view it. http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1211853&postcount=6

Now I accept that I have set out a big goal and plan before myself but I think that I have to have a goal. Next year I will be working to be more study oriented than reflective. I think that the reflection will come in time but will not be a focus.

BlueDragonfly

Onyx, It's good to see you! :)

I know the feeling of needing to get back to doing some study. I'm going to get back to my IDS, I think, and to posting in my blog, which is terribly neglected, right now.

shiresun

While I've maintained my reading, daily, I have only been writing them - as I do with all my readings - in my handwritten journal. Times are tough right now, and time, itself, is fleeting. I hope to return to a more active posting in my online journal.

Thank you Hopena for your good holday wishes! :)

May all of us have a peaceful, safe and very happy year ahead!

Bright Blessings

Shire

inanna_tarot

Thinking some more, will make a decision on the 1st. Ya know, all them resolutions to be made LOL

Onyx

inanna_tarot said:
Thinking some more, will make a decision on the 1st. Ya know, all them resolutions to be made LOL

I know right! So many resolution, so little time!

Purchased my journal/planner for next year and I am definetly going to try studying the TdM for sure and may through in a few other "historical" decks as well like the Visconti and the Dame Fortune's Wheel if nothing else but to give me some variety and do some comparision.

Onyx.

BlueDragonfly

Are we just going to keep posting in this thread?

I want to re-commit to another year of the PDR, and hopefully be more consistent! :)