The Primary Deck Reflections 2012 Thread

kabang

Happy New Year! It's 2012, and time to start a new Primary Deck Reflections thread. I'm going to quote pretty heavily with the old thread, but I'm also going to tinker with the rules a bit, so please read on.

If you think that you would like to spend some quality personal time with that special deck then the Primary Deck Reflection may be just the thing for you. This is a group exercise similar to the Intensive Deck Study (IDS) but the focus is mutual encouragement on the practical personal use of a tarot deck and not necessarily the academic use of that deck.

The Primary Deck Reflection (PDR) Guidelines
1. Use whatever decks you wish as long as you have a main deck with which you read for yourself and post what you have learned. Not necessarily the reading but more on how the deck spoke to you and the results.
2. You can post your individual readings in the "Your Readings" forum, but be sure to follow all forum rules, please.
3. Commit to using this deck for personal readings and reflection during this year.
4. You are free to change your PDR deck as much as you want using whichever deck works best for you. However, it is helpful to set a minimum time frame and try to stick with the deck for that period.
5. If you reference a personal blog in your PDR it is required by Aeclectic Tarot Forum rules and ownership that you must link to the Aeclectic Tarot main page (www.aeclectic.net/tarot)!
Here's a link to some graphic links provided by Solandia: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/linktoaeclectic.shtml

**NOTE ABOUT BLOGGING** While it is okay and approved to use your blog for your PDR, it is preferred that you keep your discussion in the forum. It will lead to more fruitful group conversation, the generation of ideas, and a more supportive environment if we can post our thoughts in the forum where we can all see and discuss them as they arise.

Links to previous year's threads:
2011 http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=151524
2010 http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=130852

Remember that these "rules" are more guidelines. The goal is to empower each reader to use the Tarot to gain valuable insight and understanding of ourselves and our lives.

PDR 2012 Participants
1. Kabang - Shadowscapes
2. Nina* - CBD Marseille
3. Onyx - Universal Waite
4. triple_entendre - Shadowscapes
5. GryffinSong - Crystal Tarot
6. BlueDragonfly - Gaian
7. inanna_tarot - Thoth
8. Carla - Celtic Tarot
9. Eyebright - DruidCraft
10. Marina - Grail Tarot
11. Jes - Legacy of the Divine
12. mindfultarot - World Spirit
13. Mallah - Courtney Davis Celtic
14. Erynnds - Tarot of the Magical Forest
15. TinySpark - Victorian Romantic Gold
16. Cassandra022 - Thoth

If you would like to sign up, please post in the thread and send me a PM so that I can add you! Just let me know, too, if I make a mistake with your deck or if you want to change decks.

Here is our daily draw thread: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=169696

Thanks,
Kabang

kabang

I'm going to steal a page from the IDS gang and list a few guidelines for myself:

1. I will stick with the Wildwood for three months, even if the honeymoon period ends after three days.
2. While I can use other decks for storytelling and maybe reading for others, my personal readings, omens, etc, will come from the Wildwood.
3. I will use and work with the accompanying book.
4. I will make an effort to carry the deck with me and keep it near me during the day.

That's it for now.

Onyx

It is the first of the year and it is time for grand commitments and resolutions right?

I am going to commit to use the Universal Waite for all of my personal readings.

Each day I am going to draw a single card for a Daily Draw. Each Daily Draw in a week will be kept out to use as a weekly reflection on Sundays. (My weeks run Monday to Sunday because of work.) Then I will reshuffle all the cards and start over.

I commit to trust my intuition better. I will read the cards as I see them. I will vow "to go big or go home." This means that I will risk being really wrong to really trust my intuition.

I want to review past success in my PDR's to enable me to be successful again. This includes reviewing my work with Tarot Shadow work to see if I have improved, developed or need to revisit other issues.

I commit to journal every week about my experience and share those revelations with others when appropriate or helpful.

I also commit to be an help, encourager, and strong support to others who undertake the PDR with me this year.

Onyx.

Nina*

I'm in. Will be back ASAP about which deck I'll be using. :)

kabang

Great! Now that there are a few folks, I'll go make the other threads. A daily draw, and maybe an exchange thread? Thoughts?

Nina*

Daily draws sounds great. I'm terrible at exchanges... get SO nervous about it that I'm mildly paralyzed. But I might get better. Hopefully.

kabang

Daily draws thread posted! ...Now I just need to do my daily draw.

I'm putting a link to the thread in the intro post.

hopena

Daily draws sounds great. I'm terrible at exchanges... get SO nervous about it that I'm mildly paralyzed. But I might get better. Hopefully.

Me, too. I've had a few offers from nice people (excellent readers, too), for reading practice, and I need to get back to them- but I get nervous at the thought of giving them a bad reading, too. I just freeze.

kabang

Me, too. I've had a few offers from nice people (excellent readers, too), for reading practice, and I need to get back to them- but I get nervous at the thought of giving them a bad reading, too. I just freeze.

Well, maybe we delay making an exchange then. I'm pretty busy and not that great at exchanges myself! :D

Are you on-board, hopena? Did I miss you?

hopena

I still haven't chosen a deck, other than potential weekly readings with my Tea Leaf Oracle cards. I did a second reading, but have yet to post them to my newer blog: newtarotjournal on wordpress.com or the thread in oracle readings. I'm trying to choose between decks I received in the past, and the wildwood.