The Raven's Prophecy Tarot

bonebeach

Maybe they decided to stop fighting over the girls and just snuggle :D

I am very okay with this explanation.

*adjusts slash goggles*

Regardless, I think that card is very pretty.

Mirra

Lovers

The Lovers was a bit confusing to me, don't only male deer have horns?

I think it has to do with the books it's based on... But I don't want to give away spoilers ;)

Myrrha

I think it has to do with the books it's based on... But I don't want to give away spoilers ;)

Interesting! So the cards relate to specific people in the books? like the mirror in the High Priestess could relate to a character and the two bucks, two dragons and so on? I will have to look into these books!

Laura Borealis

These look great! Nice to see something so different from the usual. Many of the Major Arcana images make me feel something when I view them, some of them less so. The very sparse imagery in the Swords suit -- that could be so interesting in readings! There aren't many decks that make me really curious about what it would be like to read with them.

The Lovers was a bit confusing to me, don't only male deer have horns?

Lady reindeer have antlers, but I'm good with them both being male - the Lovers is about the love not the gender :)

Attachments

• reindeer mother and baby.jpg
    reindeer mother and baby.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 224

Mirra

Interesting! So the cards relate to specific people in the books? like the mirror in the High Priestess could relate to a character and the two bucks, two dragons and so on? I will have to look into these books!

I really think so, especially the major arcana. For example, the mask in the devil card or the hermit being a hollow tree, it really makes sense once you read the books ;)

Scarlet Woodland

I really think so, especially the major arcana. For example, the mask in the devil card or the hermit being a hollow tree, it really makes sense once you read the books ;)

Mr Amazon brought me the books today so I shall soon be finding out :)

Scarlet Woodland

Just finished the first book... will leave it at that lest I turn this into a general chat thread but suffice it to say I will definitely be pre-ordering the raven's prophecy tarot :)

Can tell now that this deck will be one that speaks to me.

Mirra

Just finished the first book... will leave it at that lest I turn this into a general chat thread but suffice it to say I will definitely be pre-ordering the raven's prophecy tarot :)

Can tell now that this deck will be one that speaks to me.

I'm glad you liked the first book (and I hope you like the others too). You can PM me if you want to discuss it ;)

About the deck... Maggie posted two pictures in her facebook page. Is it ok to post the link here?

Scarlet Woodland

Oooh thanks for the heads up on the new pics guys.

The nine of cups is stunning! Trying to work out what the one directly underneath it is... ah found it - the world.

Nice narrow borders. Fingers and toes crossed for nice cardstock too :)

PS: Halfway through the second one now ;)