The Saga of Dude!

HighPriestesss

Don't ya just love it when you stumble into people like Dude? It makes life so much fun! Can't wait for Chapter 2......

Baroli

memries said:
That is really nice Baroli. It will give him such heart to have someone to share with. Too bad he does not have a computer, he could be on here, or does he ?

No, no computer, I asked him with this place in mind. They have the broadband to allow it. No firewalls either.

Shame.

You see, this has been a small crusade of mine for years. I worked in this place years ago,........in housekeeping. One of the most disheartening things I saw and broke my heart every week-end was seeing these older folk get themselves all dressed up, waiting for their families,...........who never come to see them. It sucks. I think that giving a little bit of my time to someone, a stranger and to share something with him or even have others come and share, is the greatest gift a person can give.

I also think, this may be me someday,...

Umbrae

The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals

the Stranger
The Big Lebowski

There's a bunch of us, that all you need to say is, 'the dude abides' - and we know. It's like a handshake or a safe word.

And Barb? You've just told us, "the Dude abides..."

I get all warm and gushy inside...

afrosaxon

I love it!

Tell Dude I said hello. :D

T.

Lewen

Thank you for sharing this "slice of life". I enjoyed reading about Dude. I hope you post about your next meeting with him! Keeping an eye out! :D

Scion

I love this story. And I can't wait to hear what he says when he gets his mitts on a proper TdM! :thumbsup:

Very excited for the next installment, B...

franniee

ooooo what a nice surprise! :) Can't wait for the next installment. :D

Satori

What a great story. I love this. This is a gift, this is where you know that the Universe is sort of yanking your chain or knockin on your forehead and saying, "Hellloooo-oo! Were you wondering if you are on the right path?"

I love this kind of thing. Great stuff, thanks Baroli.

Star-Willow

I can't see the letters of my keyboard properly because of tears.... what a great story Baroli.... I think I know just how your friend Dude said Tarot, I had an older tradesman come to my house one time and I don't know what gave it away but after being here for an hour or so, he eventually asked if I read Tarot (as in carrot) cards... so sweet :laugh:

Not only will you gift him a deck but also you will give him the gift of friendship, that is so special at anytime in ones life.

I too am looking forward to hearing about your next meeting with Dude :)

firefrost

What a lovely story - big sigh - I'm waiting for chapter two as well :)