The "Soprafino Tarot" pattern

Sherryl

Are there normal rules for reading with this kind of deck? I've been making up my own rules for quite some time. The Soprafino - actually the Avondo Brother's knock-off of 1880, has been my main reading deck for years. "Read it like the TdM" is good advice, but not very helpful if you have no previous experience reading with the TdM.

I have an entire section of my website that walks you through exercises to help you come up with your own understanding of the cards in any NSP (non-scenic pip) deck.
http://tarot-heritage.com/cartomancy/

conurelover

Have to share my joy. I now have my hands on a "Soprafino".

Emily

Are there normal rules for reading with this kind of deck? I've been making up my own rules for quite some time. The Soprafino - actually the Avondo Brother's knock-off of 1880, has been my main reading deck for years. "Read it like the TdM" is good advice, but not very helpful if you have no previous experience reading with the TdM.

I have an entire section of my website that walks you through exercises to help you come up with your own understanding of the cards in any NSP (non-scenic pip) deck.
http://tarot-heritage.com/cartomancy/

I've just browsed through your website. I can't believe no one else has commented on it. You've put together a wealth of information. I struggle with non-scenic pip cards and usually I just go blank but you've managed to bring these cards alive with your exercises. I have Soprafino decks that I would love to be able to read. I can't wait to try out your methods. :)

conurelover

http://tarot-heritage.com/cartomancy/[/QUOTE

I especially enjoyed the history section. :)

Emily

Have to share my joy. I now have my hands on a "Soprafino".

Which one did you get? I have the two by LoScarabeo and the il Meneghello Tarocco Soprafino, which is nice but not very usable.

conurelover

Which one did you get? I have the two by LoScarabeo and the il Meneghello Tarocco Soprafino, which is nice but not very usable.

Il Meneghello

Emily

Il Meneghello

I was nervous about using it, mainly because of the square cut corners, I didn't want to damage it. That's why I ended up with the two LoS versions.

conurelover

I was nervous about using it, mainly because of the square cut corners, I didn't want to damage it. That's why I ended up with the two LoS versions.

Oh I see. LoS isn't available where I am...at least not on Amazon.

il Meneghello is too pretty to not use though.