The Transparent Oracle

Sidhe-Ra

cardlady22 said:
I don't know if this will help, or be too rigid:

Have you thought about whether you would want the circle divided by 8 like the festivals of the year? Not that any specific lines should be printed- just as a way to sort the various components/symbols to be included.

Interesting...I'm thinking in terms of dividing the circle, (again not in an obvious way), more in concentric circles than like a pie- BUT a card that could be placed over your combination to put the elements in a time context could be interesting...

Hmmmm...

cardlady22

Sidhe-Ra said:
Interesting...I'm thinking in terms of dividing the circle, (again not in an obvious way), more in concentric circles than like a pie- BUT a card that could be placed over your combination to put the elements in a time context could be interesting...

Hmmmm...

Actually, you could browse a few of the older astrological illustrations and add a few different 'frameworks" so that people could make use of a variety.

ETA: I have the Reader's Edition of Manly P. Hall's Secret Teachings of All Ages. Not sure where the best online images would be found.

flying black kat

Dear EM:

The Transparent Oracle I think is a good idea. If it is like the Transparent Tarot it will truly be something to see and use. I would propably use it with the Transparent Tarot. I have not had a lot of experience using an oracle deck. Something else I need to learn.

How many cards are you going to do? Are you going to have an individual card for each of the four seasons? How about each of the cross quarters as well? I like the idea of antlers as well as the ladybug. Are you going to use any sacred places to transport us back in time? Will there be any dragons?

Please include at least one tree that reaches high into the sky and deep in the earth.

I am looking forward to reading posts about your progress with your new creation.

Be at Peace, and happy oracle dreams.

Kathy

Sidhe-Ra

Thanks everyone! All these ideas will be stirred around in the pot. And Kathy- oh yes, whatever I end up doing, the tree is already a definite addition. :)

Dreams would be nice...didn't sleep at all last night! Thanks :)

Blessings,

Em x

Sinduction

I wanted to say that I hope an accompanying book would shed light on the symbols/animals/plants/etc used. And I am a great researcher so I would love to help in that area if you needed it. I have the time to do it.

Some oracles I don't use because the images are not thoroughly explained to me. So, I do agree with the poster who said that tarot has that definite structure. But I do think it is possible to structure an oracle. After all, the lenormand is quite structured.

I think once you get started some kind of form would begin to take place. As long as you are true to you I think it will be fantastic.

Did I mention I'm excited! :D

silverwings94

A Transparent Oracle is just what I am looking for. With all the suggestions that have been made could one of the cards have a hummingbird on it? I have been using my TT since the day I got it and just love the way all the cards come together. I showed my best friend it and she fell in love with it. To be able to use the Oracle with the TT would be awesome and very inspiring. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Standing in line to get it when this all comes together.
Kathy

Sidhe-Ra

Thanks everyone!

I sat down and planned the structure and a first draft of what the cards will be last night. I'm pretty excited! I think it should work well on lots of levels. there are a few ideas that have had to go by the wayside, but it's already going to be a big deck as it is- at least 70 cards!

It's going to be based on the seven directions- North, South, East, West, Above, Below and Within.

Plants on the whole have ended up with a bit of a bum deal, but each direction will have it's element, a weather condition, landscape, animals etc.

Above will have the seven planets which correspond with the days of the week, and North, South, East and West also have a time of day as well as a season card, so there's going to be systems in place for timing of events.

For personality types, the planets, combined with element can be looked at, to possibly correspond with starsign...

ANYWAY, I don't want to blurt out EVERYTHING before I've even started!

I'll get to work on cards as soon as I know whether they're going to be circular or rectangular- a matter of production costs.

Em xx

shadowdancer

Sounds like you are positively bursting with creativity there EM! :D

Make sure you get some sleep in somewhere though.....

and good luck with it all.

Davina

Sidhe-Ra

lol! Yes, thanks Davina!

It was the same with the Transparent Tarot when I first had the idea- hardly slept for days. And I LIKE my sleeps!!!

xx