Time frames

HeatherRose

I'm sure this subject has been talked about before, and unfortunately when I try to search it, no matter how I type it, AT just times out on me and brings up no results, so I apologize in advance if this is a repeat question or topic. I am newer here, so please be kind. :)

Time frames, predictions of time have not seemed to be something I am able to tap into. There was ONE time that I did "feel" a time of year when a woman asked me about a job change, and I was so happy to hear that it came to fruition exactly when I said it would, but that was the one and only time.

I was just wondering if you use time frames in your readings...meaning give the "when" something will come to pass, be, happen, show up, change, etc? And if you do, what method, cards, suits do you associate with what times?

Also, how accurate are your predictions?

I am not sure, but I think that something in me has closed me off to giving any time predictions due to years and years ago, when I was in some really tough times, I would go for readings and they would give me a time frame and I would hold onto it, and suffer great disappointment when things did not come to pass. I think a part of me fears that happening to people I give readings to.
I truly believe that being a reader is a big responsibility, as many (not all of course, but quite a lot) people come to me trusting me, hopeful, and usually confused or conflicted and looking for guidance, reassurance and clarity. I take that very seriously. So, perhaps my experiences have tainted that area of my reading abilities???

Thoughts?

Grizabella

Lo Scarabeo has a deck called Wheel of the Year in which certain cards and suits mean times of the year, etc.

I'm going to be starting a reading exchange soon where two of the four spreads they can choose from deal with timing---anywhere from days to months to years. Feel free to keep an eye on that one when it starts and maybe you'll find something there you can work with.

Nisaba will be along pretty soon and I'm sure she'll share with you about the system she's devised for doing timing, too.

This forum has been going on so long that just about every question conceivable has been asked and answered many, many times, but it's still interesting when someone comes along and brings a topic up again. You'll get plenty of help when people see this thread, I know that for sure. :)

HeatherRose

Thank you Griz! I will look I to that and I await more responses. :)

nisaba

There was ONE time that I did "feel" a time of year when a woman asked me about a job change, and I was so happy to hear that it came to fruition exactly when I said it would, but that was the one and only time.
<grin> That's what I do most of the time. If I can't, and the client really wants some guidance on timing, I use this method I came up with years and years ago:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=151427

BeccaBoo

Tomorrow I will see if I can find it again but i found a website once that had cards 2-10 of each suit as weeks of the year and it corresponds to pages, knights and queens that rule sets of three weeks and the zodiac signs and all sorts of things... It is midnight my time right now and I have to be up early for my daughter's dr appointment tomorrow so I can't search for it tonight but I will have free time tomorrow to do a search for it... BUT with this chart I was actually able to tell someone they would meet someone between march 1st and march 10th and it turned out they met someone on march 8th. It is a pretty cool chart to look at and think about. I will post my findings for you tomorrow. ;)

HeatherRose

Tomorrow I will see if I can find it again but i found a website once that had cards 2-10 of each suit as weeks of the year and it corresponds to pages, knights and queens that rule sets of three weeks and the zodiac signs and all sorts of things... It is midnight my time right now and I have to be up early for my daughter's dr appointment tomorrow so I can't search for it tonight but I will have free time tomorrow to do a search for it... BUT with this chart I was actually able to tell someone they would meet someone between march 1st and march 10th and it turned out they met someone on march 8th. It is a pretty cool chart to look at and think about. I will post my findings for you tomorrow. ;)

Ooh! That sounds awesome! I look forward to seeing that! Thanks! :)

BeccaBoo

Found it. It is on taroteon.com. On the righthand side of the page the is a "popular posts" list. On that list is a clickable link that reads "showing the structure behind the astrological associations. That post has the chart (actually, it has several pics of the chart starting with a simple one with a small amount of info on it and then each one after that adds to it as more information is added to it so that way when you see the final chart it doesn't look quite as crazy). The article is definitely a cool read though. That site also has a lot of other tarot articles worth reading. I copied the chart down on graph paper so I don't constantly have to pull up the website to check my timing cards in my readings. ;)