too many decks..trying to get out!

patter

Keep your focus. A sketchbook for the new ones, but the rest of your space for getting the first one done! newer ideas can seem better, but the one that's stuck with you for years needs to be realised first!

FearfulSymmetry

Hi Chronata!

This has been a big problem for me too! I think it's an exercize to hone your focus into a sharp laser. You have to focus and do one at a time or you will never get finished.
I find for me keeping a journal with ideas for future tarots helps a lot. That way I can write it down, get it out, and then get back to the business at hand, but still know that the idea has been recorded for future use.
It happens to me in a smaller defree too when I am working on one card and a bunch of others are saying 'paint me now!' too. I do the same thing with those, keep a journal.

Good luck!

Marie (mary-el tarot)

baba-prague

Oh YES

We have the Mezl deck simply kicking and screaming to be done - and as yet we have no time to do it.

We are also beginning a book (linked to Baroque Bohemian but not the companion book) and we have at least three other projects in the queue. Mostly it's great, but from time to time I feel a bit panicky!

Chronata

well, it seemed like I was forced to take a break from my tarot deck, because I ran out of the material that I paint on!

That's been fixed (for the moment, anyway!) and I have currently enough Paperboard to finish the majors and a few minors, before I need to get more!

While taking that break, I journalled and sketched out the other ideas that HAD to put on paper...the Dark Shard Oracle, the Puppet Oracle, The Moon Over Marsilles Deck, and the Sideshow Tarot.
I even made a couple of Sideshow Tarot paintings...

But ya know what? Eventually, my fiery enthusiasm for these other deck ideas burned out...
but I am glad to have gotten them on paper, at least
...as now I am really excited about getting back to my Midnight Masquerade deck!

Thanks everyone for the good advice! It's true that when the fires of creativity strike like lightning...I need to capture that lightning...but eventuially, it will die down.
I just hope that it continues to smolder in the background...in case I get another artists block, of have to take another materials break!