Tower and Wheel of Fortune in the same reading?

WolfSwan

I did a reading asking "what's coming up for me?" and got these two cards in the last two places (no positions). I use the Gilded Tarot.

Tower is a major shake up, destruction of false beliefs.

Wheel of Fortune is change, cycles, things turning around.

Together, I've never sent this paired. It looks like dramatic upheaval and massive changes.

Has anyone experienced this combination or knows what type of situation would reflect this pairing (in general). In my case I have a feeling it's work related, but I'd like to hear other people's experience with this combination.

fairgella

What were the other cards?
Yes it does indicate major upheaval over which you don't really have much control. But depending on the other cards it could be mitigated maybe. Or at least you can be prepared.

ana luisa

A move, like a physical move from one place to another.

WolfSwan

Hi fairgella, I realised I put this in the wrong thread and I've notified a moderator to move it...it's supposed to be in Using Tarot Cards.

I was more interested in the interplay between these two as they are both about change, one dramatic and one more slow moving...so I wonder how one influences the other, especially with Tower preceding WoF :)

Ana Luisa - how do you see it as a physical move? I've always thought these are more indicative of larger life patterns. That being said, I think you might be right as there is some upheaval at work. Things are shifting majorly now, so...yes, this could indicate me changing jobs. I would have thought though that some minor cards would have done the job just fine without pulling out the big guns.

Although...that being said...if it indicates me finally shifting into the career I want to be in then this would reflect well what's coming up!

Saskia

There's a major change that will somehow restructure your life or one element/area of it, and it's 'dictated' by destiny - it's meant to happen.

WolfSwan

There's a major change that will somehow restructure your life or one element/area of it, and it's 'dictated' by destiny - it's meant to happen.

That makes sense! I've been wondering about going into this new field and whether it's the right path for me, and then something has happened in my work place that makes me wonder if this isn't a kick in the pants from the Universe to get my act into gear and go where I desire, instead of killing time where I am.

ana luisa

Ana Luisa - how do you see it as a physical move? I've always thought these are more indicative of larger life patterns. That being said, I think you might be right as there is some upheaval at work. Things are shifting majorly now, so...yes, this could indicate me changing jobs. I would have thought though that some minor cards would have done the job just fine without pulling out the big guns.

There's no logic reasoning to my interpretation, I'm afraid.When I saw the two cards, I immediately saw in my mind a Tower falling/crashing and a Wheel laid on the ground rolling very fast. I felt and heard all the debris from the fallen tower being spewed out. So, a move.

Picture this as the Wheel and a tall tree falling on it.

Attachments

• Big_Kids_Park_Toys_2010.226142234_std.jpg
    Big_Kids_Park_Toys_2010.226142234_std.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 9,263

SweetSiren

I think it's interesting that both indicate change, but in very different ways. Tower is abrupt and sudden- unforeseen changes. The Wheel, however, is natural and perhaps unconscious change, to the point that no change is really made as its all part of the wheel and it's turns.

If you don't have the slightest idea what this is in regards to, I can only guess that something will come up that might take you aback. It could be something you take personally, however the wheel is a good thing. I think this means that this was actually a long time coming and some part of you knew that. It's something that ultimately was out of your hands, but you'll get the hang of the change quickly and soon enough it will feel as though nothing changed at all. There are some Tower changes that we feel the effects of for a long time, sometimes the tower changes a lot. But in this case, I see you accepting the changes rather quickly and the effects not felt for very long at all.

yannie

Woohoo, is what I have to say to you! Lol, living it right now darl. Like Saskia said, major upheaval that is fated to happen. It is the Universe's kick in the pants, like you said. With good fortune to follow :)

WolfSwan

There's no logic reasoning to my interpretation, I'm afraid.When I saw the two cards, I immediately saw in my mind a Tower falling/crashing and a Wheel laid on the ground rolling very fast. I felt and heard all the debris from the fallen tower being spewed out. So, a move.

Picture this as the Wheel and a tall tree falling on it.

Interesting! Well it could well be a move in career. I get the picture you're painting with that!