tower card

rubyofjoy

One of my favorite decks I got early on, is the Hidden Realm deck. It comes with a wonderful book written by Barbara Moore. She suggests in a later chap. a particular practice that involves drawing one card, and focusing on it the whole month, partnering it with moon cycles. starting with new moon. Well I was less than happy when I pulled the tower card, at the time one of my least favorite cards in tarot. But I learned so much from focusing on that card for a whole month. exploring tower energy deeply. And now realize how this prepared me, helped me move through the shock of the US election process and get my feet on the ground faster.
I recognized I was in the middle of tower movement of energy, which became my guiding rod during the upheaval. What I'd learned from my earlier month long exploration of tower energy, helped me navigate my way through the chaos. I had such an intense emotional response to the shock that would not go away, so I realized i needed to find outlet for the excessive energy. I wrote heart centered, deep, profound letter to the editor. That helped ease my anxiety, etc. It also is having rippling impact through my small community, where the community movers and shakers, read the newspaper. My letter to the editor was a sea of calm in the shouting matches going on elsewhere in that part of the paper. Tower to me is about breakdown of false security, to land into underlying net of deeper truths, and love. Knowing this, I was able to surrender to the energy and land in the safety net much faster. So highly, highly recommend any practice that encourages you to go deeper into the cards, spend quality time with them. Tarot is one of those things, you get from it what you put into it. It has turned out to be profoundly helpful to me during this challenging time. I feel such deep love and gratitude for the wise wonderful Tarot, and for those who dreamed it into being.

rubyofjoy

lessons from deep study of tower card that helped me.

I'm so thankful for the imagery in the Hidden Realm deck, it is so evocative and easy to engage with. It has some of the most loving imagery I have seen in a deck. During my month long exploration of this card, sometimes I would imagine stepping into the card and be with the two falling ones. experience the energy of the tower falling with them. I remembered how cats find their balance so quickly when they tumble out of something. I reflected on what I could do to find my balance quickly and land lightly on my feet. I also began to realize that tower moments are shocking, unsettling, but they quickly pass. How I respond or react, determines what happens next. I also realized that there are always hidden gifts in these things. Sometimes tower energy is the only thing that can break through rigid false beliefs. So I kept ahold of this, even though the election results, both federal and locally, everything looked awful dire. I could not imagine or see where a gift could be. But I held onto the deep knowing that there are always hidden gifts in tower moments. I remembered the importance of not tightening up in fear or resisting, rather relaxing like a cat so I could get my bearings as quickly as possible. I discovered in doing this, then I was able to get focused creatively, in a more proactive, rather than reactive way. There is strong energy that is released in tower moments. I am so thankful for how studying the tower card helped me deal with real life situation.

Attachments

• tower.jpg
    tower.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 160

Bonny

Awesome!!!!

This is beautiful.

Bon

Thoughtful

That is really lovely rubyofjoy! l always dreaded seeing the Tower but like you have learnt to know and live with it. We all need shake ups now and again to get us out of our complacency, and the Tower card reminds us of that.

rubyofjoy

thanks

That is really lovely rubyofjoy! l always dreaded seeing the Tower but like you have learnt to know and live with it. We all need shake ups now and again to get us out of our complacency, and the Tower card reminds us of that.

thank you:)

tiff_michelle

I'm very grateful for this post. I drew the Tower in a recent reading and have been a little worried about what the universe has in store. Thanks for the reminder that we need change and are strong enough to survive it. :)

rubyofjoy

I'm very grateful for this post. I drew the Tower in a recent reading and have been a little worried about what the universe has in store. Thanks for the reminder that we need change and are strong enough to survive it. :)

thanks for responding. and sharing your experience. :)

I Sunshine

Making me rethink the Tower

The Tower card has been important to me since I first laid eyes on it. I instinctively associated it with the period of time when I left the church: when my believe system was blasted right out from under my feet. Every time I see the card, in almost any deck, this is how I view it.
Your post is giving me food for thought. There might me more to learn from this card, me thinks! Need to delve deeper. Thank you.

rylla

I've read in a book to place one card at a plain view (starting with the Fool and going through the whole deck) and keep it there until its energy manifests. That was VERY insightful too. I've got so far as the Hierophant I believe; meanwhile I got afraid to continue because I was thinking about the time when I'd get to the Tower card (or any other negative cards for that matter). You were really brave to do your exercise/experiment! :)

These are great methods to get to know the cards!