Tree Affirmation Cards

avalonian

I have just found an absolutely enchanting deck called "Tree Affirmation Cards" (subtitled "Wisdom from the Standing People).

Here is the website http://www.vickylewis.co.uk/Trees/index.html

If you click on the readings tab you can get a one card reading (and a close look at the cards and text).

They are really beautiful, they remind me a bit of illustrations from childrens' books from years ago.

As an added bonus, the paper for the box and booklet is 100% recycled and the cards and booklet cover are from sustainable sources. The cards feel really good quality, they are large but they need to be to show the detail.

And they are sold at an incredibly reaonable price.

:) :) :)

BodhiSeed

Avalonian,
Thank you so much for letting us know about this deck! I'm enchanted with it, and have already sent Vicky an email about shipping to the US. Do the cards have any type of lamination on them?

Lewen

What a beautiful deck! Thanks for sharing this. It will be put on my wish list! (and I thought I was finished with wanting anymore decks or oracles! :laugh:)

avalonian

bodhran said:
Avalonian,
Thank you so much for letting us know about this deck! I'm enchanted with it, and have already sent Vicky an email about shipping to the US. Do the cards have any type of lamination on them?

I would say they are definitely not laminated, they feel very natural, the cards feel the same as the cover to the booklet and there is no shine to the cards. Nice thickness of card so they feel quite durable, it's a bit hard to explain but they're sort of softly bendy.

And they make a lovely whooshing sound when you shuffle them.

If I can think of another deck with similar cardstock I'll post it later.

Nevada

How beautiful. Thanks for posting about this one.

Nevada

moderndayruth

What a beautiful cards! Added to my wish list! :D Btw, do they come with the lwb? Because the accompanyng text is quite inspirational, i'd love to have it handy too :D

Mellifluous

Oh, I'm in love. The online readings are extremely accurate, too. Thanks so much for telling us about this one! :love:

avalonian

moderndayruth said:
What a beautiful cards! Added to my wish list! :D Btw, do they come with the lwb? Because the accompanyng text is quite inspirational, i'd love to have it handy too :D

They come with a 95 page book the same size as the cards with a black and white drawing and an affirmation on the left page, and the text (as on the readings page) on the right.

In the back of the book there is a page on how to use the cards and some suggested spreads.

The more I get to know this deck the better it gets. The affirmations are really good, they are the sort that make you think, you feel like you can work with them. I don't usually get on with affirmations but these really resonate with me.

Still can't believe how cheap this deck is.

BodhiSeed

Just got an email from her; she is checking on how much the shipping to the US will be. I feel the need to put this one in my Christmas stocking! :D
Here's what Vicky said in her email about the lamination:
"The cards have been matt laminated. I was not so keen on lamination for environmental reasons came to the conclusion that the cards would be used hopefully for a long time before being eventually recycled."

Cat*

Avalonian, thank you for the link, it is indeed a beautiful deck!

I have sent the creator an email, too, to find out about shipping costs to other European/EU countries and will pass on any information I get.