Trimming - how many decks and which decks?

canid

TreeLeafe said:
I'm curious how you trimmers know what card you're reading.
I have the Animals Divine deck (It's one that I truly love :) ) and it's one of those that I wouldn't know what card was what without the title. As well the mythology that goes into it I like to use to further my readings.

Is it just years of working with the cards that makes no titles a non-issue or something else?

I don't trim to purposely cut off the title; if it happens to be in the way & is part of the border, though, it goes. I can understand your reluctance of not having a title but that'll go away in time. You'll eventually know what's what.

makani

canid said:
Erm, I'm trim happy myself but I wouldn't dream of trimming a deck that cost so much. What if you want/need to trade/sell sometime in the future? That'll definitely reduce its value. I trimmed my Druid Craft also & love it. It was just too large for me to handle, plus I don't like borders. For me it visually impairs any possible continuity (landscapes, horizon lines, people's gestures, etc.) between cards that I use intuitively. But that's just me.

Yeah, and that's exactly why I'm so hesitant to trim NJ, it was hard to find and cost so much. :) Still, maybe one of these days I'll feel free enough to do it. In the mean time, I'll trim cheaper, easier to find decks. Because this trimming thing is addictive.

Silver Crow

makani said:
Yeah, and that's exactly why I'm so hesitant to trim NJ, it was hard to find and cost so much. :) Still, maybe one of these days I'll feel free enough to do it. In the mean time, I'll trim cheaper, easier to find decks. Because this trimming thing is addictive.

It's yours, if you're going to read with it, make it how you like it. I have no problems trimming my more rare decks, they are mine and as someone said in another thread, you can't take them with you.

Just think of any mistakes as personalization, it makes it even more yours.

makani

Thanks for the encouragement, SC. I'm not quite ready to do the Nigel Jackson, but I know I will be one day soon. Whenever I use it, I think to myself 'damn, I gotta get rid of this white border!'

Anam Cara

I'm home sick today, and looking for something "creative" to do
between naps...
My Ma'at keeps calling out for a trimming...
has anyone else trimmed their Ma'at?
If so, what part did you trim?
And are you happy with it?

Thanks!
:heart:Cara

Aviva1976

tarot decks

golden tarot,angel deck,fairy deck,animal deck,fairy oricle,crystal oricle

Sulis

Aviva1976 said:
golden tarot,angel deck,fairy deck,animal deck,fairy oricle,crystal oricle
Wow, did you trim the Golden Tarot and if so is it Kat Black's Golden Tarot? I'm surprised because so many people love the gilt edges of that deck..

emmsma

I've trimmed a few:
Faerie Tarot - Hertz
New Century Tarot
Fey Tarot
Alchemical Renewed
Druidcraft (purchased already trimmed)

Rounded corners on:
Flornoy Noblet
Tarot de Nostradamus

Might have rounded Bacchus and Vieville.

Contemplating trimming:
LS Holy Grail
LS Animal Lords
Waking the Wild Spirit

Anam Cara

Anam Cara said:
I'm home sick today, and looking for something "creative" to do
between naps...
My Ma'at keeps calling out for a trimming...
has anyone else trimmed their Ma'at?
If so, what part did you trim?
And are you happy with it?
I did it!
I trimmed my Ma'at today, between naps and bouts of coughing :p
But it's done and I LOVE it! :heart:

In the past I've trimmed my;
Tarot de Paris
Enchanted Tarot
and Medieval Enchantment by Nigel Jackson (which I've since traded)

:heart:Cara

knitknit

Here's the Stella trimmed.

Attachments

• stellatrimmed.jpg
    stellatrimmed.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 101