Two of pentacles as what is hidden

vasm

I was doing a reading on a relationship, and I found out that something was being kept from me. I got the two of pentacles upright as what was being hidden, and I have no idea of what it means... Honestly, this is one of the few cards that are easier to understand when reversed... Anyway, I'd like to get some insight on it... Thanks ;)
Oh, by the way, I was using the Rider-Waite deck...

EDIT: I guess I forgot to provide my own interpretation again... Anyway, maybe they could be hiding they got too much on their hands... Some sort of decision to make... I don't know... But I don't believe that money issues are involved... We're both young and supported by fairly wealthy parents :p

Azure_Skye

Being that the Two of Pentacles deals with finances usually, in a relationship it may be suggesting that there is some duality going on. Maybe keeping up appearances?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi vasm,

Per the forum Forum Posting Rules (click), when asking for help with card interpretations, you must provide your own interpretations first before anyone else may help you. Aeclectic is a learning forum, and the only way you're going to learn is to try. You might even surprise yourself at what you come up with!

Once you have provided your own interpretation, one hidden post will be returned to view. Also be aware that you are required to provide feedback to everyone who posts trying to help you whether or not you like or agree with those interpretations.

Other posters, please hold off until vasm has provided his/her interpretation of the card.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

nisaba

I was doing a reading on a relationship, and I found out that something was being kept from me.
maybe they could be hiding they got too much on their hands... Some sort of decision to make... I don't know... But I don't believe that money issues are involved... We're both young and supported by fairly wealthy parents :p

Perhaps that's a part of the problem. Perhaps there's an elaborate balancing-act going on backstage to keep the parents sweet by perhaps talking down the seriousness of the relationship so that the money will keep coming in.

If you're old enough to earn money, though, it probably is a moral imperative not to spend the parents' money, so perhaps there's also a moral balancing act between what the couple are actually doing, and what they should be doing. :)

It could even relate to health: health is physical, and Pentacles are about the physical world. Perhaps a pattern of going from one extreme to another, that is being hidden?

starrystarrynight

One [other] possibility:

Something is changing--physically, financially, educationally or some other physical-plane circumstance, and you are currently not privy to this information...or it is being kept from you at the moment.

Edited to add:

Sometimes, this card comes up when someone is trying to juggle two relationships at one time, if that could be a possibility...

vasm

To Azure_Skye... Although keeping up appearences is a great interpretation for this card, it doesn't feel right in this partiular situation
Nisaba... We're not old enough to earn our money yet, so I'm giving some thought to this "keeping parents sweet" interpretation... This one is pretty plausible...
starrystarrynight... Instead of trying to juggle two different relationships, maybe the two of pentacles could be about having feelings for two people?

Sar

A "keeping up with the Joneses" thing, perhaps.

vasm

Sar, I don't believe that's it... It's a good interpretation, but it doesn't fit the situation :p thanks anyway

Thirteen

I was doing a reading on a relationship, and I found out that something was being kept from me. I got the two of pentacles upright as what was being hidden, and I have no idea of what it means...
I'm afraid that even upright this card could indicate that the other person is hiding from you the fact that they may be seeing someone else as well as you, relationship wise, or that they're dealing with physical attraction feelings toward someone else as well as you.

If you're pretty sure that isn't the case, then consider that Pents also relates to health. Might this person be keeping health issues from you? Issues that require they do a lot of juggling to maintain the lie that they're super heathy when they're not? (I would read this as well, by the way, for an athlete hiding the fact that he's engaging in all kinds of tricks to stay in the game. We think of such athletes as doing just steroids, but what they really do is several different tricks, juggling them to maintain their superior physical status while appearing to be clean.)

Finally, don't rule out money. Many the son/daughter of wealthy parents have secret habits that cost them more money than their generous allowance will pay for, and so have to juggle finances just like a poorer person trying to pay the rent one month and the food bill the next month. They're just juggling the costs of extravagant luxuries rather than necessities. :)

vasm

Thirteen, you have a way to explain things... I guess I'm not the only one he's seeing lol... He's not exactly a first time offender... I believe it must be something along those lines... You are great at putting ideas into words... So... Thanks :) I need to find a way to deal with him again *sigh* at least this is better than not knowing what's going on