U.S. Games - customer service problem and resolution

FraterGrant

I'll agree, its not worth it. But, If you knew me, you'd know that its against the very fibers that create me to let some asshole get the best of me. I just want a deck of tarot cards that I can actually shuffle. Thats all. Now I am out a deck... I dont have any proof I actually sent it in. Nor do I thing that a law suit is anywhere near where I'd like to go with this.

I will call them first thing tomarrow, as soon as the service reps are there. I hope to god I can actually get some resonable explanations as to what I've been going through. I honestly want to slap that woman. To talk to me in that filthy way was a blow to me. She thinks because I am some 16 year old that she can just scream at me? No effing way.

So I say to you, if you are displeased with anything US Games has done, please post here. And call tomarrow and get some service. Get what you, the consumer deserves. Without us, there would be no US Games.

And, there are no exagerations (spelling?). This woman did scream at me. I was in the car when I made the call, and my mother could hear her. And the woman doesn't even work in the customer service department.

Ugh.

Wish me luck,
Taran.

Kissa

With a thread like this, on the biggest Tarot Forum in the world, Miguel has to be careful and Shopra'd better start looking for a new job now.
Send a link to this thread to Miguel.

I disagree with the title of the thread, btw, it is not pathetic, it is not non-existent, it is a scandal. This is the worst kind of publicity a company can get.

And I bet Kat Black is horrified to hear about this too, poor Kat!

I don't think you need luck anymore now, venting here was the smartest thing to do and sure things will start moving now. Go TaranRavenfrost go !!! ;)

I hope you get a new Golden Tarot soon and bloody apologies from them. Official. With compensary gift or gift coupon whatever.

Kissa

Moonbow

Good luck Taran

I personally would not let this drop either. They have your money 'and' your deck.

When you phone remember to stay calm yourself or you will get nowhere, infact overly calm is good. I wouldn't bother with this Miguel guy, I would go through to customer services and tell them you have a complaint. Ask for the Head of after-sales and don't agree to let anyone phone you back, stay on the phone. Tell them you want this sorted while you are on the phone.

Take names, all of them. If you are passed around, before you speak to anyone ask their name and their position.

... if you get anywhere (fingers crossed) you should also ask for a written apology for the way you were spoken to and for the bad service.

I know this isn't easy, but if you stay calm, have a pen a paper ready, make notes and question people... you can do this.

It goes beyond money, its the principle now.

Good luck

FraterGrant

It goes beyond money, its the principle now.

Thats how I feel. Not about the cardstock, the ink, the green. Its about whats really going on. How a business can treat a loyal customer (and now customer base!) like that.

Thanks for the luck, and Im recording the conversations as well.

A loaded pistol with only time to kill,
Taran

Knight of Wands

Haven't got any advice, just wanted to say I feel for you!!! I hope you get your deck soon!!! Big companys = EVIL!!!!! lol

KoW

Eco74

I've worked in a complaint department and trust me..

Staying calm is the best way to get through.

Some say that the louder you shout the more help you get, but if you want good results, stay calm, stick to the facts and ask what can be done.
No demanding, no shouting and no telling them what to do..

Tell them what happened, step by step and with dates if you have them specified. If not, just approximate.
Adn when you've told them your side of it, ask what can possibly be done since you now have;
A) No money (you spent them on the deck after all)
B) No deck
C) A really bad experience from the contact you've had with them - No matter how upset You are, they have no right to yell at you like that woman did.
Be calm, courtious and friendly and you should be able to win them over.
And don't be afraid to play the "I'm only 16"-card either... Nobody wants to scam a 16-year-old. Especially on record..

A letter where you summarise it all, sent to someone a little higher up in the company would be the next step (including the names of the ones you've spoken to ofcourse) if you still get no help.
Still, a calm and factual tone where you ask for help rather than demand it is a good thing. Though a PS with some frustration written out is perfectly okay.

They should be able to offer you either a refund or a replacement deck to be sent express since they've kept you waiting for so long. Possibly som extra compensation too.
And if you have a reciept for how much you paid for the deck, all the better.
As for something on the package you sent, the date you sent it and the name or department you sent it too (basically the full address you used) should be enough for them to be able to track it down, provided it didn't disappear on the way.

catlin

Why not writing to the CEO?

I remember when our former CEO got a complaint about one of the managers or someone else he nearly ripped their a*** apart. He drove into them like a battle ram, I can tell you because I once saw him in full flight and believe me, that man could scream!!

So I'd suggest writing to the CEO and stating clearly in the letter what had happened to you.

FraterGrant

Well, its not a question of if my deck got to them, because (USG Employee), the man in charge of the whole operation, had said the second time I talked to him (the time he told me he already sent a deck but it must have gotten lost and he'd be sending another with the tracking number) he said that he had my deck sitting on his shelf.

So I know he has it, or he was lying about that as well. I cant wait to get on that phone tomarrow. All I'm asking for is my deck.

I've also talked to Kat Black before. Im sure if I sent her an email she would know of SOME way to help, but I wont bother her as of yet...

Oh, and Kissa. (USG Employee) is her name! lol.

Also, Ive just sent emails to every single department they have listed on their website, it reads:
"I would like you to know that the largest tarot forum in the world had been notified about the horrible customer service at US Games. Take a gander at the thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=52123

Now you tell me. Is holding back my Golden Tarot worth loosing that many customers?

My deck was faulty, the card you sent in replacement was faulty. I sent in my deck for replacement, which has not come, and its been almost 3 months. (USG Employee) told me that a replacement had been sent but must have been lost, and he'd send another and call the next day with the tracking numbers. He didn't, and still no deck.
When I called to ask him about it, (USG Employee 2) started screaming at me and told me I am only one customer and he has over 500. Now, is that quality? Ha.

<Personal contact information removed by moderator; please use PMs for this information, thanks>

Mimers

Eco74 had some good advise. You are more apt to get what you need if you stay calm. I too worked for a customer complaint dept for a major beverage company and I can tell you that 'the customer is always right' is the motto in these depts. I am quite surprised someone yelled at you like that. A person like this won't last long in that department. Also, if US Games is up to speed, I am sure all of their calls are well documented and recorded. Every company I worked for recorded theirs, so their should be no problem documenting their case.

I would also refrain from referring to people as "some Indian girl" or any other similar type of title like you did in your first post. If someone talked to me that way, I wouldn't be giving very good customer service either and being that you sent them a link, you might as well be calling her that to her face. Not good.

I do hope you get your deck soon. You should definately not give up until you do. I think it would be very good to let the Manager know of your experiences as well so they can address them. I can assure you that companies do not want their customers treated this way.

Good luck.

gregory

You know - this is a bit off the wall - but Kaplan himself has a presence on e-bay - you could try using the "contact seller" button there and tell him PERSONALLY what has happened in his company That's what I would do - but then we all know I am an Evil Person }) (If you don't know his ident I will pm you with it...!)