• Never had kids but think there is some influence

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Never had kids so not sure

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Spouse was pregnant and I felt there was more sensitivity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pregnant tarot readers scare me

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I'm a guy, why am I answering this poll?

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

eastarot

I was reading for my clients till the day before my ceaserian. the only thing another psychic told me to do was to stay extra shielded while reading. The only peculiar aspect during my pregnancy was my vivid dreams in some I even saw the cards.

raeanne

ArwenNightstar said:
I am curious. Of the two children, does one seem more drawn to the cards at this time?
Neither boy is very interested in tarot at the present time. My older son, the problem pregnacy, has asked me for a reading more times than my younger son. If doing readings while pregnant influences the unborn in anyway, I would have thought it would have been the other way around. Interesting topic though.

Crystelle

Just a thought, I voted that I had never been pregnant and so wasn't sure, perhaps the reading was harder during the difficult pregnancy because the baby was trying to "intersect the phone lines" and make a comment or two... the easy pregnancy might have merrily ignored the flux in energy....

ArwenNightstar

raeanne said:
Neither boy is very interested in tarot at the present time. My older son, the problem pregnacy, has asked me for a reading more times than my younger son. If doing readings while pregnant influences the unborn in anyway, I would have thought it would have been the other way around. Interesting topic though.

Perhaps the problem son was more of a problem because he wanted OUT sooner to hear the cards? Just a thought.

WalesWoman

Being as how I didn't start reading until I was practically menopausal... I have no clue.

I can see why it might be harder, because being pregnant tends to make you more emotional and takes a lot of energy from you... and it seems like the main focus is on baby,
but it seemed like my "sensitivity" to other things was much higher...and I won't call it intuition either because what I sensed was not that at all. I knew things before they happened and could sense when something wasn't right days before the event... and this seemed not to be as strong when I"m "normal".

But I was reading runes during my last pregnancy and didn't have any trouble with off readings or accuracy or anything like that. I do think that I probably read more into them because I was more emotional and susceptable to my emotional yo-yo'ness and probably over reacted to them.

Honestly, I don't think that it will harm you or the baby... I simply think it might be harder to focus... because as soon as you get comfortable, you suddenly need to get up and pee or the baby will decide it's time to practice sommersaults, ninja kicking or headbanging. It seems that they do want lots of attention even before they enter the world and demand it at the top of their wee little lungs, so everytime you try to focus on something else, they let you know... they are your prime concern.

Moonchild1721

I've never been pregnant, but my best friend was twice, and she didn't stop reading during either pregnancy. In fact, she seemed a bit more intuitive during her pregnancy then before. It was as if being pregnant added a level to her readings that were never there before. I don't think that I will stop reading when I become pregnant.
Samantha

karacol

Very interesting topic.

manda78

Well

Being pregnant made me more introspective, to begin with. The Tarot was a little more complex for me during that time,as well. More sensitive? Definitly!
Manda

Dancing Bear

Interesting Topic!
I was not reading Tarot when pregnant, i was reading Runes. i found all my senses had hightened in the early to mid months and very very sensitive to my surrounds (on a spirtual Level) and because i was so sensative i could not read for others, i found i tuned into things i did not want to know. At the the end of the pregnancy nobody would have wanted a reading anyway ( Bear with a sore tooth). i was like this with all my pregnancies. i no longer can be pregnant but have found, I did retain the extra sensitivity i experienced at the begining of the pregnancies, and now am working on how to protect myself from being a sponge. I find it harder to shake (so to speak) the querent after a reading. i have become more emotional, i cry now watching soppy movies or when there is extreme joy to be felt. A thing never done before pregnancy and babies. So over all my experience has been beneficial as far as my spritual journey is concerned, just needing to protect myself when i felt it was needed by stopping readings for a bit.It has been 2 years since my last pregnancy and i have slowly started reading for others again (very slowly) because i need now to protect myself more than ever before.Once i have perfected a way of protection there will be no stopping me again. Just for interest sake all of my children love the spiritual realm, and are always asking about the cards, Runes, Animal Medicine etc..

Congratulations!!
Happy New Year!!!

Dancing Bear :)

Holland

Interesting Topic(and a couple of years old too:p), I am about to make one for myself here soon.
I am pregnant and have been told by 3 professional tarot readers to not read cards while being pregnant, because I would be taking energy/balance away from myself and the wee one needs all he or she can get. So I am over 2 months of not touching my cards. I don't mind the break at all, but I do miss my cards.