faunabay

Hemera said:
I´m ready, and the bottle of bubbly is in the fridge:D

(AND I got my Vanessa on Friday:party:)
Perfect timing!!!

Time to party now!! :laugh:

blue_fusion

Hemera said:
Is Wands really Air and Swords Fire? (ouch.. *that* would be tough..)

Actually, no. That's for a different deck i did. For the Vanessa, wands=fire, swords-air. :)

(And I just discovered this thread! Thanks so much guys, I didn't know the Vanessa has its own study group now! :D [and oh noes! you've managed to dig up those horrible pics of my immaturity])

Hemera

Hi blue_fusion!! :love:
Wonderful to see you here!
I like Vanessa more and more each day. Great work! Thank you!:heart:

blue_fusion

Thanks again. I haven't been online much in the forums lately, but I'll try to contribute to the study group whenever I can, and, well, if you want to know the inspirations behind some of the cards, you can ask whenever (though, hmmm. I'm not sure if I can remember all of them since I did the deck ages ago!)

Grip Dellabonte

That would be fantastic, blue_fusion, if you would like to contribute, and even give us some insights into your inspiration of the deck. :)

It's not often we get to hear the artist's point of view, so that would be a nice treat.

Thanks for popping in today! :)

tarot4fun

Hi blue_fusion~
I just love my Vanessa! Thankyou for such a fun and insightful deck~ :D

Glad you stopped by~

Suz :heart:

Hemera

(Oh where is Keavy when we need her..:))
So, here goes..

1) Did you have real women/celebrities in mind when drawing the cards? Many cards look like the picture represents someone (Samantha Stevens, Annie Hall..?), and some don´t ?

2) The Universe is so hilarious. Could you please tell us more about it

3) Did you have 9/11 in your mind when drawing the Tower? It is a really scary card and always makes me think of 9/11..

blue_fusion

Hemera said:
(Oh where is Keavy when we need her..!)
So, here goes..

1) Did you have real women/celebrities in mind when drawing the cards? Many cards look like the picture represents someone (Samantha Stevens, Annie Hall..?), and some don´t ?

Yup, except they weren't supposed to be too obvious lest I get sued. lol

Hemera said:
2) The Universe is so hilarious. Could you please tell us more about it

She just won the Miss Universe title! :D So the completion and resolution angle of the World card's hopefully mirrored here. Plus, due to lack of space, I figured I'd use the limbs of the 4 creatures in the original World card (instead of them in their whole bodies), so that they seem to be applauding her.

Hemera said:
3) Did you have 9/11 in your mind when drawing the Tower? It is a really scary card and always makes me think of 9/11..

You got it again. But, I used "Kitty" to lighten things up a bit (since something as jarring as that event might be too "strong" for the mood of the deck).

Hemera

blue_fusion said:
Yup, except they weren't supposed to be too obvious lest I get sued. lol
Oooh, now you got me *SOoooo* curious !! :D

blue_fusion said:
of space, I figured I'd use the limbs of the 4 creatures in the original World card (instead of them in their whole bodies), so that they seem to be applauding her.
I really like this idea a lot!

blue_fusion said:
You got it again. But, I used "Kitty" to lighten things up a bit (since something as jarring as that event might be too "strong" for the mood of the deck).
I think this card is brilliant.. well done!
(However awful the 9/11 was we will never forget.. I know I don´t want to forget..)