Visconti Sforza - Seeing the Money in Trump #1

creakingcricket

Teheuti said:
I did what you suggested with the FMR article reproduction (the best repro I've seen) and the supposed "edges" are clear - however, if they were coins, it would make this a round stack made up of several layers of coins with each one standing on its edge. Rather an impossibility, I would think.

Mary

I think the picture was drawn on the basis of an actual heap of silver coins. To see coins, notice the dark outer edge of the heap. Then there is a clear white 'track', and then another line of dark marks. Viewing this track from left to right, go about halfway round the track where the shading of the coins is most distinct. Once you see one coin, you will be able to see the rest. I count 16 coins in this track, with some overlapped.
cc

le pendu

creakingcricket said:
What I would like, Le pendu, is for you to do as I said, under good light and with a magnifier view the inverted card.
I have dear, sadly, I'm no more enlightened than when I read your first post.

creakingcricket said:
What one sees depends in part on what one expects to see.
Or, maybe, one sees what is actually there?

creakingcricket said:
Habits of perception are easily formed and hard to break. Inversion breaks conditioned habits.
Ah yes, "Drawing on the right side of the brain" and such...

creakingcricket said:
Once you see the coins gestalt, then, yes, you can see coins with a computer scan in the upright card.
Or, even more helpful to those who have taken the time and effort to pay attention to what you are saying, I'd like a "gestalt" of seeing what you are describing simply by you posting a clear picture of it pointing to what you are talking about.... not that a bunch of coins would be too shocking at all, after all, this is the mountebank, he SHOULD have coins on the table taken from his rubes, shouldn't he?

creakingcricket said:
Lest you think I am hallucinating, my sister, brother-in-law, and niece (who gave me the cards for Christmas) were easily able to see the coins. They had not been conditioned to see it otherwise (cake, dish, hat, etc.)cc
How very nice.

Margo, my spirit guide, can't see them either; but then again, she's not likely to hang out with your sister, brother-in-law, or niece (unless they make a killer martini?).

Maybe if one of them could bother to actually scan the image you're on about and point out the section where you see the coins, then Margo, (who loves real history with real evidence... but you know... that's so common), would see them too! Since my offer to scan, and then post the image in question was completely ignored, I'll wait for someone else to bother to follow this up and actually share something worth starting a thread over.

moderndayruth

Sorry, 100% OT! :D

le pendu said:
Margo, my spirit guide, can't see them either; but then again, she's not likely to hang out with your sister, brother-in-law, or niece (unless they make a killer martini?).

Maybe if one of them could bother to actually scan the image you're on about and point out the section where you see the coins, then Margo, (who loves real history with real evidence... but you know... that's so common), would see them too!
:D :D :D

I see no coins, couldn't care less, my spirit guide Martha neither... BUT I AM SO HAPPY to see you posting again Roubret! :heart:

ETA: Seriously, i gazed at the scan and i don't see it, and Le Pendu is right - it should be visible at the scan if its visible otherwise.

le pendu

moderndayruth said:
Sorry, 100% OT! :D

:D :D :D

I see no coins, couldn't care less, my spirit guide Martha neither... BUT I AM SO HAPPY to see you posting again Roubret! :heart:

(Mods, feel free to remove, couldn't stop myself! :D)
Lovely to see you too MDR!

I'm here until the 6th.

I have a friend whose Spirit Guide is Martha too! Small world.

I would be very interested in seeing the coins described in this thread, hopefully, we'll all see them soon. Much love for the new year.

gregory

le pendu said:
I have dear, sadly, I'm no more enlightened than when I read your first post.
Ditto.

le pendu said:
Or, maybe, one sees what is actually there?
More ditto.

le pendu said:
Or, even more helpful to those who have taken the time and effort to pay attention to what you are saying, I'd like a "gestalt" of seeing what you are describing simply by you posting a clear picture of it pointing to what you are talking about....
That would help. I can't see it at all. Not even as described by Teheuti. Have excellent LIT magnifying glass and the deck, the classy USG Gutenberg one.... Not upright nor yet reversed.

I never actually thought too much about what the whatever it is is, actually..... My bad :| - but also my not in the least conditioned.... :)

Maybe if one of them could bother to actually scan the image you're on about and point out the section where you see the coins, then Margo, (who loves real history with real evidence... but you know... that's so common), would see them too! Since my offer to scan, and then post the image in question was completely ignored, I'll wait for someone else to bother to follow this up and actually share something worth starting a thread over.
May I take you up on your offer, in case you can scan it so it looks in some way different from what I see through my magnifying glass ??? Thank you kindly sweet sir. :D

ETA just found a Hanged Man scan on line that shows at least 14 bloody streaks....

Abrac

creakingcricket, is yours the new printed in China version? If so it may be slightly different and look more like a stack of coins. I've never seen the China version, just a stab in the dark.

I've looked at my US Games version printed in Switzerland every which way and it still looks like a hat to me. He looks like he's waving his hand over it to turn whatever's underneath it into a bird or something.

Teheuti

I'll try a high-res scan from FMR.

magician-coins033.jpg

It worked!

Debra

Squinting, squinting...

A skilled artist made that image. If he'd wanted to show coins, they'd be much more obvious--including perhaps a few coins clearly visible on the table or at the edges of the heap. In other words, if the artist was portraying a heap of coins, I believe this whatever-it-is would look more like a heap of coins than it does.

creakingcricket

Abrac said:
creakingcricket, is yours the new printed in China version?

Yes, Abrac. "Deck and box Printed in China"

creakingcricket

Teheuti said:
I'll try a high-res scan from FMR.
It worked!

Yes, Mary, it's a good scan, but still, it is not nearly as clear as looking at a card with a magnifier.

Try this: Go from the top edge of the pile to the row of spikey dark lines in the upper center of the scan. These 'spikes' are shadows between the coins. If you focus on the space between two spikes, you may be able to see the round outline of a coin.

Also note the line on the top of the glass-like container. I think this is a slit in the lid for inserting coins.

cc