Well, Entropy?

Pollux

I ahve been thinking about this for a while. 8)
Maybe it has little to do with Spirituality, but I'll post it all the same. 8)
(Beware, the sunny part of the Gemini is fading, and the Shadow is raising against the wall: Pollux is becoming serious! :eek: )
{The topic was provided from a lesson of Physics at the University, prof. Colasanti ;p he's just cool! Hope he'll examinate me! :( )

Pollux

There is a factor in the "Physic" world called Entropy.
For those clueless, the entropy is commonly defined as "a measure of the system's disorder", where for "system" you could place your telly, a car, stars... everything that can be subject of study and has certain borders and boundaries with the rest of the universe.

Let's carry on.
The entropy is the quantity of energy (that's the link to spirituality! Karma!) that is irretrievably lost during a transformation.
For example, when you get your kettle warm, a part of the energy is lost instead of being used to warm the water or the kettle itself - this can be through radiations, light, etc...
What characterizes Entropy is that it is always growing, it is a quantity that can never decrease: all the universe and the things forming it, are projected towards a point of utter and complete disorder, when the Entropy will be the biggest possible. (OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :eek: )

Pollux

There are exceptions, though.
Man is one of them.
Life, and living creatures - them ALL - are an exception, because, with their life, they try to keep their very own system (the cell of the bacteria, the spore of the mushroom, the whole body of the whale! ;) ) "tidy", organized and functional, and by living they try to keep the value of entropy in themselves as low as possible, and constantly try to decrease it.
This of course at someone's expense...

That is, Nature.
In fact, the decrease of entropy in the system can only be corresponded by an increase (and not an equal +/-, but more, as TOTAL entropy is ALWAYS increasing) of the entropy of the Environment (Nature, The Planet in the end).
This is also through pollution, consumption of the sources, of raw materials... bla bla bla.

Now the questions are:
We worship Nature?
I invoke the Elements power, when I'm constantly taking up the energy of the Universe, and drain their power as well?
We hail to entities, but with our very own system of life, we destroy their "representation", their manifestation, the things because of which we get a grasp of the existence iof the trascendent. ???
Has this pattern a meaning? BOOOOOOO? ???
If there must be a pattern, why should it be this?
What's the meaning of Life if it consists in making energy irretrievable, in use it up?
Is the Karma similar to this? Must we let go of all the energy to stop the wheel?
Must we live as having nothing to do with matter, energy, this world?

Hey, it's time to go. Thanx for attention. :)

blue

Are we talking about the second law of thermodynamics here!

From a speritual stand point the glitch in the phyicist's argument occures in their definition of "lost" energy. It causes the line of logic to take a wrong turn (at least in this case) because it's based on an erroneous assumption about the nature of energy.

blue

Pollux;

What's up? I thought this was going to turn into a very interesting thread.

I hope you're not suffering from lost energy!

Pollux

Quote:blue (01 Feb, 2002 22:04):
Pollux;
What's up? I thought this was going to turn into a very interesting thread.
I hope you're not suffering from lost energy!
HI BLUE! ;)
Don't you worry, my energy is never used up!
I'm through a deep period of EXAMS at University, so...
In addition, I've noticed few people is around these days. Maybe the Imbolc? ;p
Who knows.

I'd love, to carry on this discussion - I'm giving Physics next week! ;)
I had no notification of replies, so didn't care... Beg your pardon!

Please, would you mind going deeper with the "wrong turn"?
You mean it's not lost?