What Is Your "Go-To" Deck?

Cassandra022

my top five or six decks would all fit that criteria, and i see them as such totally, but at the current moment it's the thoth i go to. i just connect with it so very well and such a great reading deck for me.

Le Fanu

Having ten or so go-to decks makes perfect sense to me. Rotating with something for every mood, and then coming back after a break and feeling a hidden layer has been revealed in absence. My favourites have sort of consolidated into ten; Victorian Romantic, Thoth, Navigators, Golden Klimt, LoS Conver "Ancient Tarot of Marseilles", 1001 Nights, Greenwood, William Blake, Trevisan's Crystal Tarot, Royal Fez Moroccan...

It feels like a comfortable place to be. I can't imagine only one of these to the exclusion of any other. They all have a distinct spirit and going from one to the other like stepping stones seems to give me a sense of completeness of all the facets of tarot.

But that's just me.

Wendywu

Ironwing 78 card deck. Every time. I read with other decks now (very recently started this again) but if I needed to be sure then it would be Ironwing.

Sulis

Any TdM. I have to say it was something of an acquired taste though; learning to appreciate and read with TdM took time, and is an ongoing process. But there are subtleties to last a lifetime.

TdM and my experiences with it are just like Punchinella's. My go to deck at the moment is the CBD Tarot de Marseilles which is a reproduction of the Conver deck.

After that, I'd say the Hoi Polloi.

jackdaw*

Albano Waite.

gregory

The one that NEVER lets me down is Kitty Kahane. It isn't always my go to - but it is the ONE deck that has never dropped me in it !

There are several I love to use which I do "go to" - Pagan Cats, Deviant Moon, BBC - less than I used to, but still.

Phineas

Ciro's Tarot of Dreams

Ciro's Tarot of Dreams,

I have a couple of other decks, only half a dozen or so, but Dreams is where I go to for regular readings and if I'm just not getting answers from the others.

Being a relative newcomer to the process, it was the first deck I got, and now have the original big, and the newer small copy, so one or the other is always handy.

Cheers.

rubyalison

Right now I feel very connected to my Zerner-Farber deck.

yirabeth

Always there, always real, always my friend -- the Shadowscapes ♥

:)

janie144

That would be my Hezicos deck.