What?s your value to the world??? ( or How do you feel about your self?)

Ramses

Hey folks...
how are you ?...Hope you?re all fine ....

Well, the reason for this post is pretty simple...
very I often , mostly at night, when everybody is sleeping here, at home, I stay in my living-room...and I get depressed, pretty much...can?t sleep....I usually spend the nights thinking a lot , or not thinking at all...

Now, going straight to the point...what sort of things do I think of in those times??....
Simple...all the time, I keep on thinking whether I really have some value to the world...whether I?m doing the right things or not...whether, in case I have a mission to do on Earth, if I?m doing it, and properlly....

I don?t know if any of you worry about these same sort of things...but, I would be pleased to get to you know you folks better, since you all make me feel so confortable here, on the forums...

I don?t know...it?s really something that bothers me sometimes...Am I the kind of person I could be?...Nice?...Responsible?...Generous?...Understanding?
Do I deserve nice things to happen in my life?
I know that everyone deserves to be happy...but...I don?t know if you can get what I mean....

Why don?t you people give me your opinions?...maybe this can help many people who feel just the same way I do ...and maybe, then, I could get back here, and try to express myself better...

So, this is the question...How do you feel about yourself????
Let?s make this a psychotherapy thread...
Go on...vent a little...let your stress out...

LOVE,PEACE AND HARMONY TO ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amyel

Sigh. Dan, why do you insist on raising thought-provoking and/or soul-searching posts??? :)

Very often I have, and still do, feel similar to what you have described. I've come to the conclusion that I may never know my reason for being here, but that doesn't mean that my mere presence on earth is of no value. So, I try to keep learning, try to keep aware, try to stay focused on humanity. I also try to accept that as a human, I will sometimes fail in my attempts. And that is an opportunity to learn and grow.

To help, I have recently (in the past 3 years) really tried to focus on how situations I find myself in make me *feel*. "Do I like how situation A makes me feel? No? Well, is there anything I can do to either avoid being in this situation again? No? Well, how can I learn from this experience to make the next time a little less stressful in my life?" These are the types of conversations I have with myself, on some level, consciously or subconsciously.

I use these self-analytical sessions to help me learn - and I believe that they all happen as part of my "Fool's Journey" on my path in this life.

Does any of the above make any sense????

Vent? Well, that, my friend, would crash the site!

Liliana

Yes I feel thesameway, and im one fragged up individual

On one handthere is the here me, the amazingly spiritual, wise person, who feels theres some kind of mission for her linked toher soul card of the High Priestess, who is amzingly caring of everyone, cant stand to see negativity

Yet then theres the real world me, that I donteven remotely understand or know how to control, who sometimes has anger issues, who cant spend a day with her husband without startingan argument, even if im trying not to, who feels like thebiggest hypocrit in theworld whensheposts intelligent, serene, wisdom onthe net, only to go off yellingat the kids every 5 seconds because they keep doing bad things.

Its like a total split personality, and right between is the sense of humor which i think is the only thing that keeps me sane

Its obvious Im screwing up my mission in my real life, but i dont know how to fix it, its just all nuts. So, Im riding it out, hoping tofigure a way to resolve it someday, it doesnt help my husband telling me i can choose how i respondto things, sincei dont seem to be able to, beats me

faunabay

As I read your post Ramses the first thing that came to mind, was you're doing part of what you're meant to do in life here on the forum. (I'm serious here)

You raise some wonderful thought provoking questions here and get us all to think. That's a great thing. I always look forward to your posts! Thank you so much!

Now to answer your actual question - LOL - I do the same thing. There are times when I feel I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing in this lifetime. Then there are other times where I feel like I have no idea WHAT I'm doing - let alone if it's the right thing for me. (shrug)

I think that's part of raising your spirituality. That you (and all of us) actually care and wonder whether we're doing what we're on this planet to do. I'm sure there are many, many people who don't even know this question exists let alone cares about what the answer is.

You are a very wise soul for raising all these wonderful thoughts and questions!!! :*

Pollux

I don't want to sound repetitive, but Ramses you surely are acoomplishing at least a part of your mission by showing up from time to time and presenting us with such deep, sincere and genuine discussions. I admire you because, even though most of times I write tons of things about myself, and maybe (I'm trying to guess) I appear individualist, free, strong or whatever, well this is the "Fiery" part of me, that only serves to conceal the blues and the sorrow of the "Watery" one - it is not easy to talk about oneself as "lucidly" and sincerely as you do :) . But I bet this sort of "exposing" occurs to most people on this Forum (Lili, follow my advice, be PASSIONATE! :) )... and maybe it also is the proof that, irrespective of where we're headed, certainly we ARE walking: which way, I don't mind, coz surely one can learn from both. ;)

For example, as amyel (always enlightened) and faunabay (faunabay, I'm not mad, ok? ;p ) said, the very fact that you sit and question yourself is the evidence: you ARE walking. It doesn't matter whether you ever arrive, you be tired and want to sleep, you find bridges you are afraid to cross sometimes : the same fact you are walking makes you ALIVE, and therefore, USEFUL - kinda by definition. Your learning path crosses those of so many others you can't even imagine, and it is valuable learning for them too. For instance, you should ponder the fact that, if you hadn't been here, we wouldn't be sharing these thoughts of ours; of course, here there's not all the people of the world, but I think that doing good to 810 memers or so is an acceptable approximation! :)
You can be satisfied with yourself: the point is, never stop walking ;)
(remember PLATO's "kalos kay agatos", "what is good is useful too, and beautiful as well" ;p )

Marion

I really like this one:
"When you walk, just walk. And above all, don't wobble."
To me that means really being present at all times, really doing whatever you are doing and not having your mind shooting off all over so you are never really present. To me, you cannot achieve any purpose unless you are fully and conciously present, and mean to do what you are doing. Sounds simple but it is not. When you do something and fail, if you honestly examine yourself (I mean provided it isn't something impossible to you) you will find you did not really focus on the objective. You worried, you frittered, your mind slid around.
You don't actually have to a grand scheme of life, life will tell you what its changing demands may be. Many years ago there was a cartoon in a church magazine. The teen was praying fervantly, "Lord, tell me what you want! Tell me how to serve you! I'll do anything, go anywhere!!" In the last panel he is leaning over his books sort of muttering, "Oh, I hadn't thought about studying."

purplelady

I believe that everyone IS born with a true soul purpose and purpose in the world. I just wish I knew how to REALLY determine what mine is for sure! But I believe that somewhere in my subconscious , or superconscious or whatever it is I do know , but that in my earthly incarnation as purplelady here (hehe) it is one of those mysteries that I may never uncover, or maybe I'm not really meant to know?
I won't vent because I may crash the site! Besides , I think I already did that (vented that is).
Lilianna, please Do Not assume at all that you are "obviously screwing up your mission in life". (I can't get through a day or even half a day without arguing with hubby! Besides , he's an italian AND a Libra and he Loves to argue! ). And many people yell at their kids. And really , I seriously DOUBT that many of the people that you THINK look perfect or better than you , who maybe don't appear to fight with their spouses or their children are necessarily any better or more "spiritually advanced " than you are! Maybe you are doing what you are supposed to be doing? Maybe you are helping them in their spiritual developement? Maybe it's not you who are screwed but this World's "values" ?

Ramses

Well, thanks a million Amyel, Liliana, Faunabay, Pollux and Marion...thanks a lot for answering to my posts, and for the wonderful things you?ve said, which have really helped me a lot, and I hope will help a lot of other people as well...

And if you like this kind of thought-provoking posts, I?d be glad to keep on trying to post topics like those... If you don?t like them, just let me know, and I?ll try to take it easy...alright?
What do you think about that, Amyel? ;-)

But, you know...what I was trying to say was that...we all here agree that we?ve come to this world to improve, to grow, to get better...we?ve come to this world to try to be nice people, and generous, and kind, and humble...
I just wonder whether I?m being able to achieve it or not...and I KNOW that I could do better than I?ve been doing...So, why don?t I ?

I know many people say this, and it may seem clichet, but...there are so many people in the world in hunger, suffering with war, and crime, and all that...and, eventhough, we are still here, many times in our lives, complaining because we didn?t get that new computer, or complaining because of that person who doesn?t understand our emotional needs...

Instead, why aren?t we helping others?...I know that some of you have said that for the simple fact that I?m here, making people think because of my posts, I?m doing my part in life...OK, I agree that if you make people think, and make, through discussion, realize that they have to be better and just, it?s great....but...it?s not enough...

That?s what I wanted to discuss...instead of just thinking " oh, well, I?m not causing any harm to anyone, so I?m a good person, and that?s enough...", why aren?t we taking some action...
Instead of admiring, and applauding, people who are there, in the front line, doing something concrete to help the world, and other people...why aren?t we one of those???

That?s what makes me think of my value to the world...that?s what make me think about how I feel about myself...that?s what makes me think I could be a better person, that I could do better, that I could do more for the world I live in...

Well, I agree that we are all here to learn...and that we can?t aim to be a Jesus, or a Budha, or any saint, so fast...it takes time...maybe a lot more of reincarnations...but...I?d like to do more, instead of only talk...
Am I worth to the world???...Do I deserve the things I want from life???

Maybe I?m being a bit demanding towards myself...but that?s just something that sometimes make me think...Hope you have undertsood me...
Once more, thank you all !!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE,PEACE AND HARMONY TO YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.: You folks have inspired me to think of something else...I?ll start another thread...Hope you can take part of it ...I love you all folks!!!

faunabay

Ramsas,

I never for a minute thought this forum and questions here were all you are on this planet to do! I know you will do MUCH MUCH more.

And as for you other question about doing something physical (actions) to make this world a better place??? I think that's exactly what your questions are accomplishing. You ask us questions which cause us to think about things in a way we hadn't before. Which causes us to DO things differently.

So with your words you are causing action! (I hope that makes sense!)

And be as demanding of yourself as as you see fit as long as you don't become self critical. The more you demand the more you can do, but do it in and with love and acceptance.

Please don't discount the thought process and part of it. As I state in my signature "Your intentions (and thoughts) create your experiences." I totally believe that with your thoughts you can create your reality. So ALWAYS think positively and KNOW you can accomplish wonderful, great things - and you will!!!!!!

slinky_jo

Well, it took me ten years out of high school to realise that I've got to redress my karmic imbalances and give something back to mother earth. I'm now a very under paid but completely satisfied and serene veterinary nurse.

ps - animals ROCK! hee hee! :D