What's a Saturn return?

Belladonna

I realize this must seem like a very elementary question to most of you and I do apologize! Can anyone please explain to me what a Saturn return is? Does this refer to the number of years it takes Saturn to complete it's orbit? Does everybody experience this phenomenon at the same age? And what kind of influence does a Saturn return have on one's life?

Many thanks in advance! ***

lunalafey

You are on the right track....
Does this refer to the number of years it takes Saturn to complete it's orbit?
NO, not the full orbit, but back to the place it started.
A Satrun return is when the planet returns to the exact position it was in when "you" or "I" was born. It takes about 27 1/2 years to make the journey through all 12 signs. The return phase lasts almost 3 years. This is a time of drastic changes (& lessons). For most people, they don't like changes thus feel it's difficult, that's how Satun got it's bad reputation.

isthmus nekoi

Take note that no, ppl do not experience Saturn returns at the exact same age. Hard Saturn-Saturn transits generally are seven years apart, but for example, I didn't experience my Saturn opposition Saturn until I was about 16 (not 14).

From my understanding, w/Saturn-Saturn transits (and to a lesser degree Saturn to natal sun), you reap what you sow. It's neither good nor bad, it's just time to collect your harvest. You can look back and see how the harvest turned out. Make and adjust your plans for the next one. Not exactly a fun activity, but a necessary one.

Belladonna

Ahhh, I understand a little more. Thank you. I am actually about 27 1/2 now... I'll be 28 in November. Does that mean the 3 year phase has already begun? Or would you need to know more specific information to tell?

Moongold

Belladonna,

Have you ever had your chart done? Why don't you go to www.astro.com where you can get a free chart and forecast. You should learn there when exactly your Saturn return will occur. It's pretty easy to follow the instructions. If you have any trouble let us know and those of us with software could help you.

isthmus nekoi

Woah, woah... three year phase? That's pretty darn long. The consequences of a Saturn return might draw out noticably for 3 years, but as for return itself...... I find a three year orb toooo wide!! Then again, I've never had a Saturn return so what do I know!

Belladonna, check out what degree your Saturn is at. Saturn right now is 10 degrees Cancer. I'd wait until Saturn is ina 3 degree orb (3 degrees away from your natal Saturn) before I expect anything.

Belladonna

O.K. I have a printout of my chart! (thank you, Moongold)

It tells me that at the time of my birth, Saturn is 2 Leo 57'42".

Does that mean anything to you?

isthmus nekoi

Leo???? That's not for a long time dear! :D Saturn isn't even 1/2way through Cancer yet.

purplefishy

I have Saturn in Virgo, so I suppose my return is longer away still. Whew. I'm oddly releived.

Belladonna

You're laughing at me! That's o.k. I've got a very good sense of humour. But what do you mean by a long time? Months? Years?

Were you really born on my very favorite day of the year ? ;)