When the sun results in something bad?

FMTarotstudy

Thank you Juliekate for sharing your story and thanks to everyone for their wonderful insights and contributions to this thread. I feel by reading everyone's posts about The Sun and Judgment my understanding of these cards have been enriched.

A question for you Juliekate: What deck did you use for this reading?

If this is a deck that follows the Rider-Waite-Smith theme then The Sun card probably has sunflowers on it. Although quite tertiary to other interpretations suggested earlier of The Sun sunflowers are a flower that will actually physically move throughout the day to follow the sun by bending its stem.

I do not know why, but something about receiving The Sun card three times in a row in three different one-card spreads reminds me of the sunflowers moving, trying to catch as much of the potent sun’s radiance as possible. Whether this seeking of the sun’s radiance represents seeing and experiencing the truth about your relationship, experiencing illumination via openness and communication, or perhaps getting as much illumination about the situation to the point you know the truth beyond a doubt I am uncertain.

To come into contact with meaning for such an image of movement that strings receiving the same card three times in a row for those questions is one of those things I believe one has to sit with, ponder, process, and generate one's own meaning for one's own Self. Just as a sunflower takes solar energy to nurture and build itself into something greater think of the truth you have learned about your relationship and about your self as resources (i.e., solar energy) to help you nurture, heal, and build something even better for your Self. Perhaps to rebirth this aspect of your life into something more refined and renewed as symbolized by the child in the card. Although the experience has been painful this process of developing and generating meaning has the opportunity to empower you to better know your Self and create something better for yourself that can bring you happiness and joy.

Forrest

Aladdin

Sun

My reckoning of this is that the Sun can only ever have a limited negativity.
One of my many castings on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann gave me a reversed Sun with all other cards upright. My reading of that was being held captive in place where natural daylight does not easily reach or was very limited; or out of immediate public gaze.
Many readers present the World as the most important or desirable major card but i suggest the Sun instead. No Sun, possibly no life on World, to me more powerful than all other cards together. An unconventional viewpoint i know !

Sheri

juliekate said:
So maybe the sun was actually saying more that me going over there was the best path to follow for my LONG TERM happiness? Because even though things did not turn out like I wanted, it was for the best because it's what needed to happen to bring happiness into my life for the future? Especially now that everything has been revealed. It's all out in the open, in the sunlight, so now I can move on?

I think that was the intended meaning, even though it hurts in the short term.

There are lots of people who use the Tarot this way, even for choosing restaurants and where to set up reading space. If this is the way you choose to use it, then it will work for you... as long as you can be objective in the interpretation of the message.

:love: valeria

Inana

This is an old, old thread... But I'm posting here again because last week, for second time in my life, the Sun has also been the card that has showed to signify the end of a relationship, or an important moment before ending it.

I can see the factor about truth coming to light, revelations, etc... But still... It doesn't seems to be the most appropiate card to get for the end of a relationship.

Similar experiences, anyone? Other ideas?

Lorraine1100

Whenever I have the Sun card I look and see what other cards are before it and if there is a card after it. For me the Sun means enlightenment. That can be something buried coming to light or even something so trivial as something that has been lost being found again.

The Sun isn't always about happy. It can also bring stuff to the surface and show it in it's true light - good or bad. Generally though from my own personal perspective, is that when the Sun is around it will bring clarity.

gregory

This is an old, old thread... But I'm posting here again because last week, for second time in my life, the Sun has also been the card that has showed to signify the end of a relationship, or an important moment before ending it.

I can see the factor about truth coming to light, revelations, etc... But still... It doesn't seems to be the most appropiate card to get for the end of a relationship.

Similar experiences, anyone? Other ideas?
No similar experience - but - the sun can set light to things, in the right conditions - simply burn them away. Clear the decks so that you can start over.

Ruud

Sometimes we read a card and interpret what we want to hear or see. Sometimes we have already made the decision and want the Tarot to reinforce this decision. When we then receive this confirmation we act on it, without further considerations.

The Sun is a card of promise, visually presenting a good day in the warm sun, it often also have images of youth, warmth, and energy. This can sometimes be misleading and people might act with energy. However the Sun is a card of illumination, following the moon, lighting the dark corners, unveiling what the moon might have hidden. It promises lighting the dark corners, bringing to light hidden emotions, thoughts, and other issues. What it needs you to do is to stand still for a few moments and examine carefully all these things that have come to light.

Can it signify "bad" things? It will certainly put things in the light, for you to see them. Don't go flying with wings of wax.

Nikita_

I followed the sun card recently and got burnt.

I asked, "What is the outcome for the relationship if I go to see x today?" I pulled the sun.

I then asked, "What is the best path to follow?" I pulled the sun.

I asked again, "What is the final outcome for the relationship if I go to see x today?" Once again I pulled the sun.

Three times in a row. What are the odds of this???

So I went to see x and things are over now. I think for good. The sun was not shining. He does not want to be with me. I've been crying for hours now.

Why do cards that usually have 'good' meanings lead to something bad? Why wouldn't the tower card have come up? Or the death card?

I just don't understand.

Ever since I learnt how to use tarot, I don't think I've come across a single case in which the Sun brought good news. In my experience, it is at best a card about revelations, things coming to light, generally not leading to good news, and at worse about anger, pride, and a generally unconciliatory attitude. In relationships, it has often spelt an ending, or at least a major burning truth coming out. I really don't understand how that card got such a good reputation.

Nikita_

I didn't read everything posted so if I am repeating,sorry.

balenciaga, is right... Sometimes the sun is telling you that the truth is coming to light. I relate the Sun with communication to.... and it's communication that will let you know things out in the open. So now you know what he thinks and feels for a fact and things aren't hidden anymore. You can now feel freer (after the pain :( sorry xx ) and move on to something brighter.

xx
Vad

Interesting point, about the Sun and communication. I read that a lot on one occasion, as communication carrying a truth that changes everything.

Zephyros

The Sun is a tricky one. Rather than acting on its own, it can often serve as an exclamation mark over an entire situation, "energizing" whatever it is. Sometimes this is good, but is very often bad, depending on the situation.

For example, the Ten of Swords is attributed to Sun in Gemini. While those two attributions are not bad in themselves, the Sun highlights the dualistic quality of the Gemini, and so the mind is split and scattered.

In the case of your question, I would think that the Sun shone on whatever issues you might have been having, thus bringing long repressed things to the surface. Judgment would suggest that this was unavoidable, and was "time" for these things to come to light.