When the "Umbrae Method" isn't enough...

TarotWoman

Baroli said:
HOw about if you just take it out and use it. I understand using a deck is the best way wear a finish off. Just my opinion,....

I am inclined to agree :)

I have a VERY aged Rider Waite deck, wow it's so decrepid it should be retired I guess. I also have a "seen better days" Tarot Of The Old Path ... I wonder what I might get for them on ebay *grin*

Laura Borealis

I wonder if people actually read these threads? It doesn't seem to matter how often we say that we used and shuffled our decks constantly, without any visible wear. Someone will always come along and say "Just use it and it will start looking old." :neutral:

Amanda

I got my mini Hanson-Roberts from someone here in the trade forum not long after I joined (a little over a year ago maybe?) and used them extensively in spurts, and now they won't even fit back into the box, they're so used. I know one of the corners on one of the cards is even coming up. And I didn't have to use them everyday... and they are well-worn. The oldest deck I have (about 11 years now) is a Rider-Waite that was printed in Switzerland for U.S. Games. They're worn, but that cardstock is heavy-duty now, let me tell ya. LOL It looks better than my mini Hanson-Roberts.

KMilliron

laura_borealis said:
I wonder if people actually read these threads? It doesn't seem to matter how often we say that we used and shuffled our decks constantly, without any visible wear. Someone will always come along and say "Just use it and it will start looking old." :neutral:
I just shuffled mine.

It doesn't look old, but I'm the same way with my tarot cards as I am with my jeans, if they look old torn and dirty they should either be secondhand or have a story to go with them :D

I've suggested distressing ink, but some cards won't really mesh with it, so has anyone tried alcohol ink?

Rev_Vesta

I have worked with The Native American Tarot by Magda Weck Gonzales... over the last 10 years .......and it still looks better than some of the more recent decks i have worked with......I had a spare two sets... which eventually decided to resell one of the sets.......

I have shuffled, shuffled, allowed clients to shuffle and choose cards......I have used it continually all weekend at expos...... and everyday in store doing readings... and still no change......

This is one deck that seems to look reseaonably the same as when i got it....lol........ I want it to continue for the next ten years.......lol....

I want my deck to stay put in my hands.......

I would always be worried I could get carried away and then completely destroy the set.....arrrggghhhhhhhh.........
leave it up to the experts....I think ......lol