Where are you most asked to do a reading?

minotaur

I was listening to a tarot radio show online. On that show one person mentions she was playing with her cards and was asked by someone who saw her to do a reading.

So I was thinking...when looking at tarot at various locations where are you most asked to do a reading? What kind of locations would you least likely to be asked?

214red

I would say coffee shops, but that maybe because thats usually where i am, but have been asked most places.

Le Fanu

I'm not a professional reader so it tends to be word of mouth and when we have guests round for dinner, someone invariably asks and so as to have privacy, I do it in the bedroom, door closed, cards spead out on the bed...

But I know I'm not representative!

214red

Le Fanu said:
I'm not a professional reader so it tends to be word of mouth and when we have guests round for dinner, someone invariably asks and so as to have privacy, I do it in the bedroom, door closed, cards spead out on the bed...

But I know I'm not representative!
i would dispute your not professional, and word of mouth is the highest accolade:)

Le Fanu

214red said:
i would dispute your not professional, and word of mouth is the highest accolade:)
I mean, I don't earn a living from this, which - to me - means less pressure. The difference too is that I suppose someone who earns a living from reading is going to be more actively looking for custom, whereas - to be honest - sometimes I'm tired and can't be bothered and try to squirm out of reading for someone. A professional wouldn't do this! :D

214red

Le Fanu said:
I mean, I don't earn a living from this, which - to me - means less pressure. The difference too is that I suppose someone who earns a living from reading is going to be more actively looking for custom, whereas - to be honest - sometimes I'm tired and can't be bothered and try to squirm out of reading for someone. A professional wouldn't do this! :D
I consider myself professional, but i have a day job so it means i dont rely on the income and i can be choosy 9i like the flexibility), i can reject any readings that i dont feel right about, and if i am not in the mood it doesnt matter i can reschedule or say no. I am completely lazy, i haven't got my butt in gear and done anything really to get custom, i think i prefer walk ins and also referals.....i should do more really

Cassandra022

the one and only time a complete stranger randomly asked me for a reading when I was just playing with my cards was at the ferry terminal. Lol, I ended up missing my boat, but wasn't in a rush so it was all good. She was an employee there, apparently...

I use my cards pretty frequently in coffee shops and bookstores on the floor, but generally people never approach me for a reading. Dunno, I think I'm probably off-putting without really meaning to be...

NamasteIndia

Le Fanu said:
I mean, I don't earn a living from this, which - to me - means less pressure. :D
That makes sense to me less pressure and less tension when one is not making money out of it.
I can feel the tension building up when i do a paid reading...

taylorkiteling

For me, it's mostly at parties. I don't drink, but the people around me usually do, and it seems to lower their inhibitions. I get out my cards and suddenly EVERYONE wants a reading. (I try to do this earlier in the evening, before things like spilled beer happen - yes, I'm in college and my colleagues party hard.)

I have also been asked to do readings for people when I'm at school. I'll just sit in one of the common areas where people sit with their laptops, and play with my cards or do readings for myself. People have just walked up to me, admired my cards, and asked about it. If they seem interested, I offer a free reading. They often get very excited about that, sit down, and ask me (invariably) about their love life. (Hey, when you're 18-21, that's really all you care about!)