Where do you advertise your services?

High_Priestess_lol

Hey everyone,
I was wondering how do most of you advertise your services? I've been a reader for many years now. I've used etsy but not much success.

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I offered readings through etsy last year sometime and I managed to sell one reading. I have a coupe friends/acquaintances who sell jewelry and do quite well. I try to advertise on social media, but most people are only interested if they can get it for free. I see quite a few readers on Facebook and some on tumblr. I'm not sure how well advertising tarot would go on twitter because I don't use it, but that could be a way to go. Etsy, while I adore it and also have my eyes set on having a shop there for readings still, is just so hard to get started on. I'm not quite sure how everyone else does it either.

SunChariot

Hey everyone,
I was wondering how do most of you advertise your services? I've been a reader for many years now. I've used etsy but not much success.

I have my web site where people can come and order a reading. I don't tend to advertise the site itself. I tend to advertise my Tarot blog newsletter instead. I write it once a month...and if I advertise anything it's the newsletter. Which does tend to mention the web site.

Word of mouth of course as well and I do sometimes give business cards. I never made it a full time business. But then I am happy just as things are. Since I only read online, I would feel lonely without an office to go to. But it allows me to still work here and there and try to help people when I can in that way.

Babs

celticnoodle

I have business cards made up and I post a few on bulletin boards in businesses, and colleges. The colleges are the best actually--because many of the college kids are interested in getting a tarot card reading. Then, if they like you--they tend to come back with a friend or two or at least they spread the word.

You could advertise in your local paper, I suppose, but I do not do that. Business cards are great. Carry a few on you in your wallet to hand out too. I also will leave my business cards (with permission) in the new age shops. However, I do think the great majority of my customers come to me by hearing about me from another of my customers.

Whenever you do read a customer, make sure you give them at least two business cards. One for them to keep and one for them to pass along to someone else.

SandiM

Try Holistic Fairs

I have a friend who has a shop (minerals, holistic items, so on), and once a month she has a Holistic Fair with readings, Reiki, energy work -- that kind of thing. So I plunged in, never having done public readings before (only for my friends), and found it a reasonable source for return readings and recommendations. Plus, it was quite fulfilling to give these readings in a row; each vastly different than the other. It was a true learning experience for me as well.

QueenPen

Thumbtack.com

Grayce

I am also curious about where to start, but also about where to start in terms of pay - what's a reasonable rate for someone who considers herself a novice in the trade?