Where to start?

ivanna

Hi!
today I received my first lenormand. It comes with a very little book in the box, just the meaning of each card on a couple of keywords and nothing more, so I do not have any idea about how does it works.
I was looking for a good book to read, but I'm getting confused, as the one I found better, was one written by Marcus Katz, but I read very poor opinions about this book.
So, If you can recommend me a good book to iniciate, or any blog, or similar to get started, any guide or so, I would be grateful.
The other book I found, is Cartomancy with the lenormand and tarot, by Dunn, but I do not know if it is ok when you do not have any idea about lenormand.
Could you help? Thank you
Thanks

gregory

I was told that andybc's site was the best - but now I can't find it; it seems to be down. Anyone have a new link ?

ivanna

I have also checked it, but it doesn't work. Anyway, I usually prefer to have a good book in my hands to read clamly. I still prefer paper books rather than ebooks...

Asher

Due to some ugly internet brouhaha, Andy made the decision to remove his blog and close his course. Truly a sad thing for those wanting to learn to read Lenormand.

Another good site to begin with is learnlenormand.com. They also have a forum where you can interact with other Lenormand students and practitioners (with none of the drama of other online groups).

No need to wait for a book, the Learn Lenormand site has all you might want/need to begin to learn the cards.

Good luck!

Le Fanu

I think he "removed" himself from the card-reading community. Not sure what word he would use but I remember reading a sort of farewell from him on facebook. His site has been taken down. I think he'd had enough.

There's a thread here from ages ago that got me started and which I always found very useful. I used this thread to start keeping a notebook. A notebook I still have today 5 years or so on, greatly expanded.

Let me see if I can find it...

Le Fanu

Found it! Wasn't too difficult as it had been bookmarked.

I found this thread very useful to get started.

I have reached a funny conclusion with Lenormands.

If you start learning in "groups" you will end up hopelesly confused. Do what you can to track down "traditional" meanings, whether it's from the member linked who is from Germany and follows the more (obviously) German tradition, or Sylvie Steinbach's book, but there are others. Then just study it and take it in slowly at your own pace.

There are just so many gadzillion opinions and made up meanings out there that I honestly think you have to do all you can not to listen to them. Learn in a vaccuum and bolt the door. Do I sound radical? I just know I have to avoid all "group" learning in order to save my sanity.

ivanna

Great!

Thanks Le Fanu,
I have noted this thread. I just ordered a ebook, just for less than 3 euros I have a book with all meanings in spanish (at least!), and much more information, very similar to the thread you indicate. So I will start to learn at my pace, and when the book is finished, I will follow with this thread.
I have got lots of tarot books, all in english, as it seems that the english offer is much more better than the spanish one, but it takes me time to read and understand well everything. So now I will not have to worry about the language.
Thank you very much for your answer.
Now I think I have enough to start!!
Greetings!

daphne

Due to some ugly internet brouhaha, Andy made the decision to remove his blog and close his course. Truly a sad thing for those wanting to learn to read Lenormand.

How unfortunate!!!! His site was a treasure with information...

Edit: Thank you, Tag_jorrit, for pointing to the archive!

Tag_jorrit

If you start learning in "groups" you will end up hopelesly confused. Do what you can to track down "traditional" meanings, whether it's from the member linked who is from Germany and follows the more (obviously) German tradition ... snip ...

There are just so many gadzillion opinions and made up meanings out there that I honestly think you have to do all you can not to listen to them. Learn in a vaccuum and bolt the door. Do I sound radical? I just know I have to avoid all "group" learning in order to save my sanity.

Bingo!