Where's the catch? Tarot Of Dreams

rwcarter

If it's cards-only then it's not complete cause there was a CD/DVD originally that contains the LWB. Hopefully "cards-only" includes the box. The very last one that Ciro auctioned off on eBay went for over $400 if memory serves, so in that regard you got a deal. :)

MoonGypsy

i also noticed [what i believe to be] a gorgeous Baba Studios Tarot Bag in some
of the pics with the deck! If they are including that with the deck [possibly instead of
the box?] i would still say that is a great deal, indeed...:) The original box was nothing
to speak of--Very flimsy. i would much rather have that gorgeous Tarot Bag...;)

Le Fanu

Did I miss something? I feel like maybe I made a mistake. LOL
I suppose collectors would want the complete set - CDRom & box, although I'm sure it's the cards you're most interested in.

Now that it's going to be issued by U.S Games, I suppose that people who really really wanted it are simply holding out for the Mass Market edition.

TripleAir

That makes a lot of sense - and yes, I'm really only interested in the cards, especially the first edition deck. Well, we'll see what they look like when they get here - I'm excited!

nisaba

i also noticed [what i believe to be] a gorgeous Baba Studios Tarot Bag in some
of the pics with the deck! If they are including that with the deck [possibly instead of
the box?] i would still say that is a great deal, indeed...:) The original box was nothing
to speak of--Very flimsy. i would much rather have that gorgeous Tarot Bag...;)

<curious> My copy came with a lavish but tough box with magnetic closure ...

MoonGypsy

<curious> My copy came with a lavish but tough box with magnetic closure ...

Hi Nisaba,

The one you have sounds like the self published >2nd< edition...[also now OOP] Which came with an actual small companion book and a very nice sturdy box with magnetic closure. [like you describe]

The one that came in the "flimsy" box is the--signed/numbered LE first self published
edition with CD/Rom.

The first LE edition is larger than the 2nd edition, and they have different backs.

The 2nd edition came with 4 extra "Palace Cards" for each Suit. :heart:

nisaba

Yes, the book is in there and it does have the Palace cards.

I was shuffling it just today, in fact, and found that the actual cardstock was disappointingly flimsy. I haven't used it enough to damage it, though. :)

MoonGypsy

Yes, the book is in there and it does have the Palace cards.

I was shuffling it just today, in fact, and found that the actual cardstock was disappointingly flimsy. I haven't used it enough to damage it, though. :)

Right, good point...the 2nd edition cardstock is quite a bit thinner.

The first edition was thicker cardstock, and one could choose either matte or glossy. :).

cirom

There were three different editions of the ToD all of which sold out.
The first had larger cards and was accompanied by a CD. The second had smaller cards with a companion book and four extra cards ... And what felt like flimsier stock. The third was produced on sturdier stock. And then I decided to call it quits and produce no more. A year later US Games came calling and licensed the deck. I believe they plan to release it around October. For good or bad this will presumably effect the value of the previous special editions if the financial potential of a resale was a factor For the original purchase, because indeed some decks did sell on eBay at far higher amounts than I originally sold them for. But these were third party transactions.

In your particular case if I had any spare CDs I would gladly send you one. But I don't. Since then I gradually faded out that practice of a companion CD as that format has become increasingly redundant.