Which Cards Represented People You Did Not Like?

Enlightenment23

Hey guys,

I thought it'd be fun to delve into a discussion of what cards represented someone in your life that you couldn't stand.

For example, there was a woman in my class that was represented as the 9 of Cups and The Sun. She was so obnoxious and demanded attention every chance she could friggin' get! She was very "look at me! look at how amazing I am." Lol

You'd think that the Sun is such a great card, but sheesh, I learned that this could also be referring to an attention-seeker.

I've gotten the Queen of Cups to represent a brooding, moody woman who seemed to be walking under a dark cloud all the time.

The Magician Reversed has popped up for a doctor who didn't know what he was doing, but pretended he did just so he could get paid.

What about you guys?

nisaba

I thought it'd be fun to delve into a discussion of what cards represented someone in your life that you couldn't stand.

The Queen Wands, in all decks, has been completely ruined for me by someone in my life who was the archetypal Queen Wands. Initially that wasn't a problem. Then she was the centre of a planet-sized storm Now I just can't stand to see the card.

And ironically, it never comes out. Decks find other ways to give me Queen Wandsish messages.

Saskia

The Empress, unfortunately. I love this card, but it has popped up to denote two different women who both had some sort of a princess syndrome: everything revolves around me, look at me, worship me, do favors for me, and still I'll b*tch about how you're not doing enough.

The Queen of Cups can be someone who's hysterical or "stereotypically" feminine in a bad way: -what's wrong? - you should know! If you don't know, you don't really care about me! etc.

Knight of Pentacles as someone who's slow, stubborn and obstinate and kills my fire (i.e. enthusiasm, optimism, light-heartedness).

Page of Swords Rx as someone who's rude, quick to anger and deliberately hurtful with their words.

Barleywine

The Queen of Swords . . . oh, wait, I'm married to her! :laugh:

lucid_dawn

The Queen of Swords . . . oh, wait, I'm married to her! [emoji23]
I don't like the Queen of Swords either but she usually signifies my mother. Although I love my mother she's not good at what she calls "speaking the truth" without doing it harshly. The cards have even warned her this is her weakness and they always remind me not to be that way too. I try to pick my words carefully thanks to the QoS.

Seven of Swords comes up for someone I do like but reminds this person is sneaky and not truthful and to keep that in mind.

Enlightenment23

The Queen Wands, in all decks, has been completely ruined for me by someone in my life who was the archetypal Queen Wands. Initially that wasn't a problem. Then she was the centre of a planet-sized storm Now I just can't stand to see the card.

And ironically, it never comes out. Decks find other ways to give me Queen Wandsish messages.

Heh. I wonder. Was this woman someone who thrived on drama, gossip, and stirring the pot?

dancingufo

Reversed Queen of swords. It did represent my old bitch manager. She was so inconstant, not logical at all, didn't know how to work well, sometimes decived other people. I just couldn't stand her at all.

Enlightenment23

The Empress, unfortunately. I love this card, but it has popped up to denote two different women who both had some sort of a princess syndrome: everything revolves around me, look at me, worship me, do favors for me, and still I'll b*tch about how you're not doing enough.

The Queen of Cups can be someone who's hysterical or "stereotypically" feminine in a bad way: -what's wrong? - you should know! If you don't know, you don't really care about me! etc.

Knight of Pentacles as someone who's slow, stubborn and obstinate and kills my fire (i.e. enthusiasm, optimism, light-heartedness).

Page of Swords Rx as someone who's rude, quick to anger and deliberately hurtful with their words.

I've pretty much had similar experiences you've had with these cards. I've seen the Empress to depict someone who prefers to live a luxurious lifestyle - even if their income doesn't allow it.

Not a big fan of the Queen of Cups nowadays, personally, after seeing she can be quite the emotional wreck - even when she's upright. :rolleyes:

Oh the Knight of Pentacles is the worst if you're the impatient, restless type.

Hehehe, the Page of Swords Rx was a card that popped up as a drunken woman on the street that was going on a politically driven rant.

Achlys

The page of Swords. It's always symbolized my step dad and other people I can't stand and shows their childish behavior and manipulative traits. Just not a good card.

Barleywine

Actually, I was teasing about being married to the despicable Queen of Swords. We've been married for 37 years now and understand one another. She's the rapier to my broadsword.