Which deck is most evil, dark, and malevolent?

roppo

By the way does anyone know A.E. Waite's sinister Grimoire Tarot?

He wrote in 1919 as follows:

"...since the appearance of The Pictorial Key to the Tarot I have inspected a Jewish Tarot which has not, I think, been printed. It represents the black magic of divination - a most extraordinary series of designs, carrying messages of evil in every sign and symbol. It is, so to speak, a Grimoire Tarot, and if it is not of French origin, the inscriptions and readings are in the French language. I have seen only the Trumps Major and two or three of the lesser Court Cards, but I understood that there is at least complete pack to existence". (The Occult Review March 1919)

Really interesting, is it not? :D

Alta

If printed I would guess that one would win the top honour.

a most extraordinary series of designs, carrying messages of evil in every sign and symbol.

Queen of Disks

The Hanson Roberts. Absolutely frightening. :eek: })

Queen of Disks

roppo said:
By the way does anyone know A.E. Waite's sinister Grimoire Tarot?

He wrote in 1919 as follows:

"...since the appearance of The Pictorial Key to the Tarot I have inspected a Jewish Tarot which has not, I think, been printed. It represents the black magic of divination - a most extraordinary series of designs, carrying messages of evil in every sign and symbol. It is, so to speak, a Grimoire Tarot, and if it is not of French origin, the inscriptions and readings are in the French language. I have seen only the Trumps Major and two or three of the lesser Court Cards, but I understood that there is at least complete pack to existence". (The Occult Review March 1919)

Really interesting, is it not? :D

That is really awesome!! wonder if it still exists somewhere... })

Annabelle

ahclem said:
There's also the Sine Requie Tarocchi. (Scroll down at that link to see huge scans of some of the cards.) It was originally issued as a majors-only version, but there is now a full 78 card version (although the minors are pretty weak compared to the original majors). Not very expensive compared to many of the others mentioned here.

Exactly the one I was about to name!!!!

Wonderful, dark, EVIL . . . did I mention wonderful? I have the majors-only version.

Metafizzypop

Queen of Disks said:
The Hanson Roberts. Absolutely frightening. :eek: })

I couldn't agree more.

gregory

REALLY ? How ODD. Why ?

Metafizzypop

A little too much sweetness and light for my taste.

Bring on the Baphoment.

photokat

The Solleone is quite gruesome, simply because the imagery isn't "far out" in terms of fantasy (demons, monsters, etc are NOT in that deck).

I love that deck. Once you're past the bloody torture type vibe, it turns out to be a very fascinating deck for sure.