Who wants a cheap, wipe-clean, on-the-go Marseilles?

moderndayruth

gregory said:
Listen - if you had seen the book, you would.....

:D :D :D

:shhh: Between us, probably its not the worst Tarot book ever, but it could easily be among the top five... :p

gregory

moderndayruth said:
:D :D :D

:shhh: Between us, probably its not the worst Tarot book ever, but it could easily be among the top five... :p

:shhh: Name a worse one.

OK, other than Nancy Garen's....
})

conversus

Of the Top Five . . .

It is a lame book. But the deck I just bought did not come with a book. It came with a sheet of paper folded twice, also written by Jane Lyle. It condenses the wisdom of her tome into nine short paragraphs ; all of which are covered by copy right!

This Little White Insert is definitely in the top five!

The deck, has its moments, one being that it is quite large, but is quite serviceable and worth every penny!

Thank you Moderndayruth for your supportive understanding!!!

CED

Emily

conversus said:
It is a lame book. But the deck I just bought did not come with a book. It came with a sheet of paper folded twice, also written by Jane Lyle. It condenses the wisdom of her tome into nine short paragraphs ; all of which are covered by copy right!

This Little White Insert is definitely in the top five!

The deck, has its moments, one being that it is quite large, but is quite serviceable and worth every penny!

Thank you Moderndayruth for your supportive understanding!!!

CED

They probably realised that, apart from the front cover of the book, it had no connection with the deck at all :) - my deck and book were from a discount bookshop too and I think I paid around £4.99 for them, the reading cloth would probably cost that on its own - Its the cheapest I've ever paid for a new deck. Now all I have to do is learn how to read with it. :)

moderndayruth

Emily said:
Now all I have to do is learn how to read with it. :)
Emily, i think you are in the ideal place for doing so! (Not that you didn't know that, but i think a bit of peer pressure might be helpful... at least that's how i started learning TdM, thanks to Firefrost! :p)
Click me!

firefrost

*Tries to look innocent*

Moi...?! :laugh:

Seriously, you'll do well to learn with jmd, and you'll learn a lot about the historic aspect with him too.

The one who taught me the most about the practical way of reading was our Enrique Enriquez. The threads and short course we did with him are around here in the archives and I'd advise anyone to look up his way of reading Marseilles. :thumbsup:

Emily

Hi moderndayruth and Firefrost,

I've spent so much time in the Marseille forums these last few days, I've started a little notebook off and have started to jot things down - now thats new for me :)

After using the Liber T for so long, I knew I couldn't go back to a RWS/clone deck but I never thought I'd get interested in the Marseille, I'm hoping that I can finally clear that block that comes when I look at a Marseille Minor. I like this Conver because it's not fussy and I like how its been drawn, for some bizarre reason LOL

moderndayruth

Emily said:
Hi moderndayruth and Firefrost,

I've spent so much time in the Marseille forums these last few days, I've started a little notebook off and have started to jot things down - now thats new for me :)

After using the Liber T for so long, I knew I couldn't go back to a RWS/clone deck but I never thought I'd get interested in the Marseille, I'm hoping that I can finally clear that block that comes when I look at a Marseille Minor. I like this Conver because it's not fussy and I like how its been drawn, for some bizarre reason LOL
He, he - this sounds like a beginning of a beautiful friendship! :thumbsup:
I am glad you clicked with the deck! Oh, btw, it took me personally some time, but those Marseille Minors started making (a lot of) sense at the end! :D
I also had an "anti-RWS" phase for a while, i guess while what i learned about TdM and Thoth settled down, but now i read all three; to me its like speaking different languages - every Tarot tradition has its own beauty and charm. ;)

Emily

I went through those phases too - I needed something not RWS so turned to the Liber T, which I'm still very passionate about, but I need a challenge now - the Liber T speaks very clearly to me and I couldn't find a deck that I wanted to work with for any length of time until I saw my Conver again - I think I had a flash of inspiration - I've never been able to read with Marseille pip cards so what better time to start again. :)

I have Soprafino decks which are beautifully drawn and so refined but I needed the rough and readiness of the Conver artwork. I looked at the Fournier and the Hadar and they just didn't pull me in like the Conver - I'm really starting to enjoy this journey with what is probably the cheapest deck I've ever bought lol.

moderndayruth

Emily said:
I have Soprafino decks which are beautifully drawn and so refined but I needed the rough and readiness of the Conver artwork. I looked at the Fournier and the Hadar and they just didn't pull me in like the Conver - I'm really starting to enjoy this journey with what is probably the cheapest deck I've ever bought lol.
The same here - basically i got this deck because i was too afarid to spill coffee or something over my precious Jean Noblet, but i grew so fond of it that it became my main reading deck! :D