Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle

missy

Rev_Vesta said:
Hi all...

Just got this deck and have used it for myself and for others.....and wow..... these cards speak volumes.......gently but with depth........

Thanks for the vote of confidence! All votes are appreciated as I am still trying to make my decision about this deck. :)

Rev_Vesta said:
eg....18 Scared to Fly
The Right moment, Sensing out the right timing.....

A Fairy clinging by dear life to the upper branch of tree with the Moon behind it........lovely peachy, earthy tones.....brown/goldy coloured border......

just to give you an idea of what a card looks by........

Thanks for letting me know some of the text that is on a card. So "the right moment, sensing out the right timing" is also on the card?

Can anyone else provide some other examples of card wording? Thanks in advance. :)

I woke up today feeling more practical and less like spending money. And if I only were to get one oracle deck, would this one be the one? I personally really like decks with wording on the cards. Being a beginner, I prefer it. It makes it easier for me to see correlations between the wording and the imagery, and I don't want it to be a lot of hard work just to read. That can come later, but for now I want things to flow. This deck seems like one where things would flow, but that is only something I hope for, not anything I actually know for certain.

I have such few decks in my collection that for me, making a personal connection with the deck prior to ordering it is important. If all the card images were online, I would definitely be on taroteca or wherever looking at them, trying to decide if I felt a connection. I don't have a lot of decks just sitting around unused and I want to keep it that way! I don't want to open up the package, say, "Oh, pretty." and then put it back never to be used. So that's why I'm trying to get a good idea of what I am getting before I buy it. :) I want my mind to be completely made up when/if I place my order. ;)

I should add that I don't have a scanner at home, which is why I've never posted any card images on here. I have a plain ole black-and-white printer, nothing fancy. :laugh: But I like it. I never did want one of those "all-in-one" printer/fax/copier/scanner/etc/etc/ thingies.

As of yet, I can't say my mind is made up, as I still feel I don't know enough about the deck, but I really appreciate the help, you guys! :D

missy

HearthCricket said:
I love this deck and have been working with it for a month or more, now. The cards are approximately 3.5 x 5.25 inches.

Hearthcricket, thanks for measuring the cards and giving me the exact card size; that certainly helped a lot! :thumbsup:

HearthCricket said:
You can probably get them in a baba bag, but it might be tight.

Shoot. I had the perfect bag from baba picked out. Maybe I will still get it, but now I do not know. I have never seen one of their bags in person, but I think they say "around 5.5 inches" which I don't know if that means exactly 5.5 inches or what. That does sound tight with the deck being 5.25 inches wide. But this bag is perfect, I mean, perfect! The colors are right, and it's about fairies. I think it has the perfect type of imagery and coloration from this deck, or at least from what I have seen. Oh dear!

Then again, F.M. Tarot has hers in a Baba bag and says they "fit fine."

I wonder if this includes if I take them in and out of the bag a lot. Hmmm, things to ponder.

HearthCricket said:
I have mine in one from Tarot Totes, which is one of the larger bags with little fairies flittering around on the cloth!

I found another bag which is absolutely sinful, as the bag cost almost $40. But it is such a beauty I am finding it hard to resist. I have never paid that much for a bag. It is a one-of-a-kind. Ohhhh dear! :eek:

Anyway, before I buy a bag, I guess I need to decide about this deck. :D I can really get carried away with bags. :bugeyed:

Hearthcricket, maybe I will go onto Tarot Totes, although I have gotten lost on there before, (and I have seen your pix used on that site, although it's been awhile!) and try to find the bag that you mention. Maybe you could point me to the right area on the site? I probably shouldn't be spending so much on a bag, when I look at that $40 one. :eek: Oh dear. I did just buy a gorgeous velvet bag for my Rohrig which I am thrilled about but haven't yet received. :D

F.M. Tarot

Missy, my Faery Oracle does seem to fit in my Baba bag really great, it's not tight or anything! But also, tarot totes are a lot less expensive, so you might prefer that :)

missy

F.M. Tarot said:
Missy, my Faery Oracle does seem to fit in my Baba bag really great, it's not tight or anything! But also, tarot totes are a lot less expensive, so you might prefer that :)

Thank you so much for that info, F.M. Tarot! :)

I have to admit I love that Baba bag I have my eye on. :party:

I'm wondering if maybe there is a slight size discrepancy in some of the bags. Is yours an older bag or newer bag? I was noticing something on the Baba Etsy page about they have changed perhaps where or how the bags are made. I don't have the details now, so I shouldn't be quoted on that, but something changed and I can't remember what.

Maybe the Baba bags vary in size a bit. That would explain why yours fits fine and HearthCricket's sounds a bit small. Hmmm. Something to think about! The one I found had this perfect fairy theme on it, too!

F.M. Tarot, so your deck fits comfortably in your bag, and it isn't tight on the sides? Just checking because I do so want that Baba bag! :party: Thank you again for that info. :)

F.M. Tarot

missy_ said:
Thank you so much for that info, F.M. Tarot! :)

I have to admit I love that Baba bag I have my eye on. :party:

I'm wondering if maybe there is a slight size discrepancy in some of the bags. Is yours an older bag or newer bag? I was noticing something on the Baba Etsy page about they have changed perhaps where or how the bags are made. I don't have the details now, so I shouldn't be quoted on that, but something changed and I can't remember what.

Maybe the Baba bags vary in size a bit. That would explain why yours fits fine and HearthCricket's sounds a bit small. Hmmm. Something to think about! The one I found had this perfect fairy theme on it, too!

F.M. Tarot, so your deck fits comfortably in your bag, and it isn't tight on the sides? Just checking because I do so want that Baba bag! :party: Thank you again for that info. :)

Well now that you bring it up it is an older bag of theirs! I only have 4 bags from them and I put the decks I am using in them, but I have lots of Tarot Tote bags! I went and put my deck in a newer bag from Baba I bought 6 months ago and it is a bit tighter on the top, there is not as much room for the sides of the Faery oracle in the bag. It's not a huge difference, but there is one.

Perhaps they are making them slightly different sizes, or maybe from use the material has expanded? There are so many Baba bags that would perfect for this oracle though!

I hope that helped :)

baba-prague

Hi. Missy just contacted me about this. Well...

Our bags have always been the same size in theory, but they are all individually sewn and so it tends to vary a bit according to who is sewing them. All the prints are exactly the same size, but some people take more seam. I've been doing some measuring, and the bags seem to vary between about 5.25 and 5.45 inches wide - so not much, but it might be significant if you're trying to fit in a deck of around that width. I think in use the side seam with flatten out a bit and they will be more like 6 inches once there is stuff actually inside.

Our new zipped pouches (which I am SO pleased are finally coming on to the shop in many prints) are a bit bigger - more like 5.75 or 5.8 width. The print itself is actually a bit wider than it is for the drawstrings as we wanted the zipped pouches to be good for carrying passports, travel documents, phone etc. I've had one slung around by shoulders for the last four days (okay, I take it off to sleep!) and I've found it carries all the basic necessities like keys, phone, some cosmetics, tissues etc quite happily. There is also the possibility of putting in two tarot decks, one at the front, one at the back.

But... we are sending most of the first batch of these off to BATS (Bay Area Tarot Symposium) so we don't have many fairy ones left for now - one Fairy Hunt I know, a few Fair Face, some Undine - and that may be it. In about a month we'll have loads more as we've been printing like mad over the summer.

This one is actually a bit bigger in height (it's part of a special initial batch made with kimono) but it gives the idea.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29457483
The new ones are in various colours of pure silks, with a silk-mix lining and a cotton webbing strap - adjustable and a very good length and woven in a small Czech factory specially for us. Strap will come in black or a silvery/taupe for the paler prints - I imagine silver/taupe straps with many of the fairy bags.

So - I hope that doesn't end up sounding like an ad - if so mods, please move it - but Missy did ask me to take a look and help with some clarification if possible.

By the way, we get asked all the time if we can make one-off bags in special sizes but to be honest it's difficult because it means sizing up the print and takes time. So right now we don't do it very often.

missy

Hi baba-prague, and thank you so much for your quick response! I really appreciate it. I really do think that is the perfect bag to go with this oracle. :party: They seem like they were made for each other. :D

Unfortunately, I don't see the new zippered pouches with shoulder strap and accompanying metal hardware as something I'm interested in. I'm more interested in the traditional tarot bags that you make. :) But thanks for listing that as an option!

I have sent you a PM on the Etsy board. Thanks again! :thumbsup:

missy

Text?

Oh, and if anyone who has this deck can please post some of the text written on the cards, I will be very, very grateful! :party:

F.M. Tarot

missy_ said:
Oh, and if anyone who has this deck can please post some of the text written on the cards, I will be very, very grateful! :party:

Here are all 47 cards! :love:

Child of the Moon: Forgiveness, Trascending the Ego

Little Boy Blue ~ Dreams come true! Return of the soul!

Faery Wishing Well ~ Manifestation, Expectations, Offerings

The Grail Faery ~ Fertility, The return of life, Health, Life cycles

Riddle Fisher ~ Divination, Seeking out and finding answers

Goassamer Princess ~ Communication, Relationship work to be done

Crystal Magic ~ Creation, Dawn, The beginning

Light the Darkness ~ Ancestors, Ancestral line, Generational shift

Beauty and the Beast ~ Uncondtional love

Stolen in Her Sleep ~ Unaware, Unconscious, Unawakened

Solace ~ Return to nature, Tree wisdom, Natural remedies, Flower essences

Secret Doorway ~ Working with intution, Second sight opening, Dimensional doorways

Scare to Fly ~ The right moment, Sensing out the right timing

Three Graces ~ Cooperative ventures with friends, Joy, Sharing, New partnerships that are fun

Into the Woods ~ Stranger in a strange land, New experiences, Feeling uncertain, Transition zone

The Secret Path ~ An irresistable pull down a distinct path, Ley lines, Mystical traditions

Catch Me ~ Trust, Surrender, Leap of faith into the unknown

The Unicorn and the Maiden ~ Communication with unicorn, Purification, Undercover action

Dragon's Pet ~ Communication between species, Animals, Pets, Magickal companions, Guardianship

Greenman's Door ~ Portals to Faery, Wheel of the year, Galactic and Gaian entry points

Faery Tales ~ Letting go, Detachment, Moving on

The Littlest Faery ~ Appreciate the beauty and value of the exquisite and small

The Merlin ~ Guidance, Mentorship, Teacher of the Old Ways

Shimmer ~ Glamour, Confidence, Allure, Charisma

Follow Me ~ Come! This is your invitation to enter the realm of Faery

Barnabus and the Prince ~ Adventures, Discovery, Travel, Meeting destiny

Silver Sisters ~ Time to take protection from toxic thoughts and energy

Her Special Place ~ Find your own safe place - inside and out

Dark Moon~ Maturation, Growing up, Introspection, Know thyself

Acorn's Invitation ~ Touch, Exchange, Connection

Greenman's Bride ~ Sacred union, Commitment ceremony, Maturing into deep relationship

Golden Gift ~ Magickal help is on its way

Midnight Prince ~ Ask for what you want - be honest!

Snail's Pace ~ Slow down, Grounding, Listen for the heartbeat of the Earth, Subtle energies

Storykeeper~ Tell your story, Legacy, Write your wisdom

Glimpse ~ Indigo, Rainbow, Crystal Children - and beyond.....

Carry Me Home ~ Support, Time to be carried, Allow others to help

Beauty's Truth ~ Beauty, physical pleasure, Sensuality

Faery Lovers ~ New love, Courtship, Romance, Falling in love

Gatekeeper ~ Faery time, Time shifts, Dimensional slips

Far, far Away ~ Creative daydreaming

The Gift ~ A present, An offer, Nuturance, Growth, Potential

Cry for Nature ~ Mourning for something sacred which seems lost

Mother and Daughter ~ Mothering, Teaching, Sharing knowledge, Nuturing self-worth

Keeper of Secrets ~ Use your discernment, Confide in a trusted friend, Keep silent about knowledge

Star Dust ~ Premonition, Galactic communications, Beginnings and endings

Once was Innocent ~ Knowledge means change

Here are some links to the art on the cards:

Storykeeper http://www.theenchantedneedle.net/Designers/HeavenandEarth/storykeeper.jpg

Shimmer http://api.ning.com/files/odxsm*-Yx...9uYt/faery_fantasy_art_by_selina_fenech_1.jpg

Scared to Fly http://fairywingshome.com/library/2scaredtofly.jpg

Greenman's Bride http://media.photobucket.com/image/selina fenech/EcoWitch/Greenmans_Bride_by_SelinaFenech.jpg

Greenman's Door http://www.theenchantedneedle.net/Designers/HeavenandEarth/greenmansf.jpg

Little Boy Blue http://www.fairyvillage.com/mc_images/product/thumbnail/lboyblue.jpg

Gossamer Princess http://www.metafysiko.gr/fantasygat...antasy Art/Selina Fenech/gossamerprincess.jpg

Snail's Pace http://static.squidoo.com/resize/sq...photo_122890287741q6O32ujqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Cry for Nature http://www.fairyweb.com/faeshop/cryfornature.jpg

Secret Doorway http://www.ibequeaththee.com/images/secretdoorway.jpg

Barbabus and the Prince http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/view.pl?id=119965

Hope all this finally helps you make that decision, you really won't be disappointed! :)

missy

F.M. Tarot said:
Hope all this finally helps you make that decision, you really won't be disappointed! :)

F.M. Tarot, I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I don't know how to thank you. Thank you! :love:

:heart:

Still taking it all in and reading! :heart: