wonderful shadow work challenge

delinfrey

While indulging in a Little Red Tarot binge (thank you Beth for an amazing blog), I somehow wandered off and ended up discovering a wonderful Tarot challenge. It is a lighter shade of shadow work, very appropriate for this time of the year, with a dark but quirky deck (I'm thinking Deviant Moon for the challenge, would actually love to use Bonefire or Dark Carnival, but they remain on my wishlist for now). The idea is that there are some obscure words, and you draw yourself through these - each of them representing a relevant question.

I found the challenge from this blog:
http://overthemoon-oraclecards.blogspot.com.ee/2015/08/shadow-work-with-obscure-sorrows-tarot.html

But it was credited back to this one (where I also copied the words from to my own journal):
https://reinedelair.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/obscure-sorrows-tarot-challenge/

And she, in turn, used this:
http://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/

Hope I have credited everyone necessary, but if not, just let me know and I'll edit this post. I love giving credit where credit is due.

I'm looking for a general discussion of this method, but not only - also any other intriguing, interesting and thought-provoking shadow work methods.

Lokismile

Delinfrey thank you for the wonderful opportunities here.

This post makes it difficult to go to work, it is indeed that exciting.

More soon.

RiverRunsDeep

I don't have anything to add, delinfrey, but I wanted to thank you for sharing these links. I'm interested in shadow work, but haven't gotten beyond the general: What do I most fear? / What do I need to face?. The questions in the challenge are much more specific, and I like the idea of a daily draw that focuses on a different aspect each day. I'm thinking of doing this challenge, and maybe journaling my results somewhere on the forum. Thanks for giving me a direction to head in!

Madrigal

I don't know if this is shadow work specifically but definitely an interface with the dark Goddess. Entitled 30 Days of Hecate it's focused by Joanna Powell Colbert creator of the Gaian Tarot...

"It’s about connecting more deeply with the rhythms of nature as you enter the fallow, dreaming time, follow the light of Hecate’s torches into the underworld, and honor your Beloved Dead."

sweetcherise13

Many thanks for sharing this! It's just what I've been drawn to do but I couldn't find anywhere offering the guidance through it.

Scarlet Woodland

Will definitely be giving this a go, thanks for the link :)

Having the discipline to do one every day... yup, don't need any shadow work to tell me I'm not quite cut out for that :D Tickling away at it a couple cards a week could be great though.

delinfrey

I also tried the "tickling" routine. I'm not one into any "daily" challenges (I mean, I have an entire SHELF filled with notebooks from my "30-day-challenges", all of them have a couple of pages written into them and are otherwise empty... oh well...)

So I tried the challenge using Tarot Illuminati, which I got in summer but hadn't worked with before. Honestly, I wasn't very keen on the deck at first, which is probably why I have been putting off working with it for quite some time.

But boy did it shine! In fact, I got so inspired I did 10 exchanges here on the forum after it.

Usually when I do shadow work, I pick out a set of questions and then draw a card for each of them (reshuffling on every question), write the cards down and then ponder upon the meanings later.

But this one draws you in real deep and I actually felt drawn to working with these immediately. My first one was Princess of Swords, oh dear... It actually looks like me when I was younger and boy did it sting hard. Talk about shadow work!

I think these questions are really magical in the sense that usually shadow work questions are quite, well... blunt. I mean "what do I fear", "what is my challenge", "what should I know" etc. But these are so intriguing in their own way that they guide you to think deeply about some of the lackings you have, but are not really willing to admit.

I swapped decks within the questions - for "Sonder" I used Osho Zen, for instance; and Shadowscapes for Zenosyne. What I really liked about the process was that not only can you meditate on the card and its relation to you, but also on the word itself. What does time passing by too fast really mean for you? Why is it bad? Do you feel something is slipping away perhaps? Your youth? The dreams and the probability of what you once ached for...

This is some emotional stuff. Perfect for those dark autumn evenings!

JylliM

Thanks for this. I'll be breaking open a brand new notebook and giving my first shadow work a go.

INIVEA

Shadow Work

hello everyone

thanks for sharing the links delinfrey

Anyone interesting in doing this challenge, and would like to post here on AT Forum

here is where you can put your posts (all you need to do is start thread title with "Know Thyself".)

Daily Draws & Group Readings

here are the groups guidelines

Know Thyself ~ group Guidelines

here is the index of threads already started

Know Thyself ~ "Self - Help & Self - Discovery" group Index thread

here is the groups discussion thread

Know Thyself ~ "Self - Help & Self - Discovery" group

:)

INIVEA

Snaut

Hi delinfrey,

thanks for the great idea. I think I will do some of these.

And damn, does this simple lenormand deck look awesome. Not at all old and dusty like the other lenormands i have seen.