Yellow box RWS printed in China?

gregory

The 78th Fool said:
I recently bought a new copy of the Original Rider Waite as I noticed on the box that it was one of US Games's new China printings. The card stock is wonderfully thick and the print quality/ image reproduction is as good, if not better than my Belgian printed copies. This is in sharp contrast to the former Italian editions which were dreadfully inaccurate in terms of colour reproduction. Print definition was also very poor.

The standard yellow box version, printed in Italy was even worse. The images seemed to be scanned from a previous edition of the deck and had been photoshopped in a very sloppy manner in an attempt to cover over image degredation.

I assume all US Games decks will now be printed in China and I was wondering if anyone has seen a Chinese printed Yellow box RWS as yet? If so, how does it compare? The RWS really deserves better than those dreadful Italian printings.
Hm. The Chinese printing I just bought wasn't a yellow box yet, but one of the blue and gold ones. I just got out my Belgian print In a dark blue box with Temperance on the cover) from 1993 to compare - and the card stock on the Chinese printing is a lot thicker even than that - I was surprised; the stacked Chinese deck stands about 1/2 cm taller ! It felt good - but I hadn't realised how much better the card is even than the Belgian print. I'm probably lucky I've never met the Italian one !

The 78th Fool

gregory said:
I'm probably lucky I've never met the Italian one !

I remember seeing an Italian printing of the Original RWS for the first time. My heart sank as it did such limited justice to the artwork. Having seen the quality of the new Chinese edition, you can understand why I'm eager to know if the yellow box edition has made it out of China yet!

Chris. xx